Sure start grant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by babybaillie, Dec 18, 2009.

1. babybaillie

babybaillie Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post this for those who were worrying about when they would receive it. I posted mine on the 17th nov. Called last week as i hadnt heard anything, and they said they had no record of it, and sent a new app form to me. Well it was in the bank today... :happydance::happydance::happydance:

2. twiggy56

twiggy56 Mummy expecting #2

oooh i sent mine off 2 weeks ago so maybe il get mine in another 2 weeks time too!!

Here's to hoping!! xx

3. Flumpy :)

Flumpy :) Mummy to a girl :)

i sent mine off less than two weeks ago, and i rung up today and the woman said it will be in my bank monday :D! so twiggy yours probably would be too! just before christmas yay!x

4. gemini xo

gemini xo Well-Known Member

I wonder if my midwife will sign the form a week early for me? She did it a few days with the HIP one, just with it being over the NY things would take longer anyway.

5. Ash_P

Ash_P Due Feb with 1st

Im in Northern Ireland so I dunno if things are slightly different here. But i applied for mine on a friday, and I had the money in my account by the tuesday morning. So it literally took 2 days. So hopefully u will all get ur money soon.

Pity thr HIP grant wasnt as quick as the sure start. Iv been waiting about 5 weeks on it, and they keep saying theres a back log and could take 8 weeks.

6. twiggy56

twiggy56 Mummy expecting #2

woo! I really hope so, would be perfect just before xmas so i can get rest of baby things in the Jan sales!! xx

7. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

it wouldnt make a difference tbh hun coz you cant send it till you are 29 weeks anyhow - they will decline it if you dont send it at the right time and you have to reapply which takes forever