Sure Start Maternity Grant

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
How long do they normally take to process the claim and send the money?

I posted mines on the monday..and had the money for the next tuesday, I got the letter on the friday leting me know I had been awarded the grant x

WOW thats fast!! I've always had a problem trying to claim any benefits. There is always a problem or a hold up but I'm really hoping not this time!!

lol a think it just depends the time of year n stuff as well. I think the most it can take up to is 14 days. You going baby shoppin then!!

They do say to give them up to 3 weeks to process your claim, like someone has already said it just depends. They might be flooded with claims or they might have next to none! Just luck really...

Happy shopping :)

Can ur consultant sign the thing or does it have to be your midwife??

Can ur consultant sign the thing or does it have to be your midwife??

Well I asked a GP to do it and she said she couldn't - it had to be the doctor I'm registered with as my GP. Well I've never seen him!!!! And you have to have had an appointment with them during your pregnancy so I asked for the midwife to do it. I dropped it in at the surgery and collect it next week. I would have thought if you're having consultant lead care then your consultant should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->