Surprise Baby - 8 weeks and 3 days - unexpected

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :flower:

Well, we just found out we are 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. We weren't expecting a baby, weren't trying, and hadn't planned for one. We said perhaps next year we would figure out what we wanted to happen.

We have a 20 month old who was conceived with IVF. We tried for almost 2 years unsuccesfully, and went through fertility treatments. We were told it was almost impossible for us to have a baby naturally, so we figured we would use one of the frozen embryos when we were ready for #2.

A bit of background, I am an accountant who prepares taxes here in the USA. I have been nauseated and exhausted for 3 weeks or so, but the tax season here is so draining and stressfull that I chalked it up to being overworked. Well, it turns out I WAS PREGNANT. :happydance:

I took a test Easter Sunday and got a positive right away. I then took 4 more tests - all positive. We made an appointment with the Obgyn who did a dating scan as I said I kinda had a period last month, but also kinda had one last week and had spotted and bled in between then so didnt know when my LMP was. The ultrasound picked up a perfectly embedded baby with a strong heartbeat of 170! :happydance:

We are over the moon and SO SO HAPPY, but I stressed because I had drank wine and ciders the past few weeks as we didn't think we could get pregnant :dohh: I haven't had much... but one night last week I did overdo it. :nope: I had 4 wines and a cider which is a lot and more than I had drank in a long long time. I was so sick afterwards, but thought I overdid it. If I had any inkling of being pregnant I would not have had a sip. I just worry that I had alcohol during the most crucial point of development. :shrug: :cry: I told the Doctor and broke down crying, he gave me a hug and said to try and stop stressing and just be good now.

I'm hoping with the strong heartbeat and how it all looks that everything is ok.

Well, here is to the next 8 months and meeting our new son or daughter later this year! :baby:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Mine is definitely a surprise, too. I took a test at 6 weeks along because I was having stretching pains, but I had gotten what I thought was my period 2 weeks before - 5 days of regular period bleeding - so I had NO idea I could have been pregnant. Now, I'm almost 27 weeks! When I didn't know I was pregnant with this one, I went on a rollercoaster (at almost 6 weeks along) and drank lots of wine in the four weeks from conception to BFP.

When I didn't know I was pregnant with my second, I drank tons and tons of tequila (the day before I got my BFP - we were celebrating my OH's birthday!). When I didn't know I was pregnant with my first, I had a single White Russian which just didn't taste right (started having food aversions then and there). All of my pregnancies were perfect, though. I used to have this running joke that every time I had alcohol, I'd find out soon that I was pregnant. It's true, too. All of my kids are awesome, great kids. They were not harmed one bit by any alcohol they may have been exposed to in utero. It's very common for people who aren't trying to get pregnant - or think they're not pregnant - to drink in the early weeks of pregnancy. Heck, one person I know was 6 months pregnant when she found out, and she was drinking and taking diet pills the whooooooooooole time. Her daughter is perfect, too, but that situation REALLY scared me. Your baby is gonna be just fine!!!

Thank you! Our first baby was as planned as a baby could be! I had maybe one glass during the TWW of red wine, and no more after that as I couldn't live with myself if I drank and something went wrong.

Then with this one, I've had an occasional drink, and then one night I did overdo it after working 13 hours. Being pregnant though was the last thing I expected as I had started spotting and expected AF to start that day or the next. The spotting went away though, and then I had what I thought was AF last month, but looks like it wasn't either.

I think my mom went 4 months before finding out I was hiding in her belly! So I am sure I am not the only person, but it doesn't make you feel good to know you haven't been acting pregnant when there's a precious baby in there depending on me.

I've calmed down now though, but I was in shock and disbelief at first! My husband however was over the moon, and still is ha ha. He's happy he did au-natural ha ha.

I should have suspected this with how tired and nauseated I have been, but I seriously thought I was just overworking myself with doing all the taxes.

I only stopped Breastfeeding in December, so looks like I'll be breastfeeding again soon! We are so happy and excited. I can't believe we are having a baby!

I'm pregnant with a surprise too! 2 days before my bfp, I went out on the town and got very very drunk 🙈 My doctor told me not to worry, it happens to a lot of mums and they have perfectly healthy babies!

Yes, DH and I had plans to have a weekend away In Nashville for our anniversary later this year... but now we will put it off for awhile! :haha:

I'm actually feeling a bit better today which is the first time in ages I have felt decent so thats a bonus :-D

I actually told my husband a couple of weeks ago I felt constantly hungover, although I hadnt had a drink... Now it makes sense! ha ha:kiss:

I'm so happy for you!!!!! It is gonna be just fine. So, you were a hider, too. You and your future LO already have something in common. ;) The best part about finding out this late is that you've only got a month left of first tri, and you clearly haven't been bed-ridden with nausea... You're doing great. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->