Surprise BFP!!

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Alo everyone. It's been a while since I was on here, what with being mega busy at work and home, I just havent had a chance to get on here!

My apologies for the essay-sized post but I needed to get it all down on paper so to speak!
Anyways, some of you might know that my OH and I were NOT trying for a baby.. we were using the natural family planning method after I had my Mirena coil removed. My cycles returned to normal straight away (26 days every month without fail) and I knew exactly when I was ovulating... so I thought!
My OH has Multiple Sclerosis as do other members of his family and so the genetic factor in this was the main reason he didnt want to have any kids and I was happy with that after some very intense chats about it. I have a 16 year old from a previous relationship and to be honest, I thought I'd probably left it too long anyway. Also I'm 35 so I'm no spring chicken anymore.. my mum went thru her menopause at 37 and I thought I'd probably be the same as that seems to be how it often goes!

Anyway, imagine my surprise last week when my usually "bang on time" AF was late. By the 4th day of no AF I was suspecting that I might be pregnant. I'd been feeling queasy on and off for a couple of weeks but I was getting cramps every day which felt like AF cramps.
On my way home from work I bought a twin pack of pregnancy tests from Sainsburys and did the test there and then, at 3 in the afternoon. Within seconds a pink line started appearing in the test window and by the time the line showed up in the control window, the first line was dark purple lol!
OH was shocked to say the least. There were alot of tears, "omg"s and "what do we do now?"
For the first 24 hours we were seriously contemplating terminating because my OH is so worried he'll pass on his MS and other possible genetic problems. It was a really dark day for both of us and just didnt sit right in my head, or my heart. The next day my mind was made up. I told him that I didnt want to terminate and straight away he breathed out and said that he couldnt put us thru that anyway. We decided to go ahead with the pregnancy!! Dont get me wrong, he's terrified but he's really come round to it and seems to be getting quite excited by it now :)

I have no idea how far gone I am, I could be 4-5 weeks or I could be 8 weeks... my last period was lighter and shorter than usual but I just didnt click at the time. I'm seeing the doctor on Monday afternoon so I will talk to her then about my odd period and see what she says. I did take a Clear Blue digital conception indicator pregnancy test and it says 2-3 weeks on it, so I really do have no idea. Symptoms wise, I've been having some for a few weeks (nausea, fatigue etc) I just put that down to having a new, much more physical role at work.

I have to say, initial worries and concerns are evaporating as each day goes by. I'm really quite excited now and OH seems to be getting right into it too which I'm very pleased about!

I'm staying at my OH's place for the weekend and the 3 tests that I did are at home so when I get back on Monday I'll upload some piccies of said tests ;)

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Wahoooooooooooo! Congrats again Nik!
I'm gonna be an auntie, I'm gonna be an auntie....:cloud9:
Love you!
xXx

Thanks girls :) And yes Nik, you're gonna be an auntie :baby: hehe I love you too darlin :hugs:

I got me a ticker! I've been cautious with the due date tho and calculated it from the date of my last AF visit, even if it was a light/short one. I can always change it if needed!

Congratulations - fabulous news!!! So glad you have decided to go for it xxx

Congratulations!!!!!!

"If He brings you to it He will bring you through it"

Congratulations hun x

I read on the Clearblue Digi Conception leaflet today that if you are over 6 weeks pregnant it can give you a miscalculated conception result as if there is too much hcg there it wont be able to read it right. So it sounds like you could probably be right about being 8 weeks. Cant wait to hear how your scan goes.

I read on the Clearblue Digi Conception leaflet today that if you are over 6 weeks pregnant it can give you a miscalculated conception result as if there is too much hcg there it wont be able to read it right. So it sounds like you could probably be right about being 8 weeks.

Really? I didnt read the leaflet as I was in a baby changing room/disabled toilet with Nikkinoonoo changing baby Jessie's bum lol so I just ripped the box open and threw everything but the test into the stinky nappy bin hehe!

Thanks for all the well wishes, they're much appreciated :D :hug:

Massive congratulations from me again hun!!

Hope it all goes perfectly for you :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"