suspected ectopic pregnancy

LesleyL

new mommy of twin girls!
Reaction score
so i had some very light pink spotting today. i called the office, and they sent me for an ultrasound. the tech kept saying she really didn't see anything on the screen, but it took 45 minutes, so i knew something was up. then, she came out of the room and told me to call the nurse practitioner i see when i leave. i did, and she stated i have 3 masses on the ultrasound that are suspicious. 1 of the masses could be a gestational sac, but the others are indicators of an ectopic pregnancy. she said i may even have a twin pregnancy, one being ectopic and the other normal. i have to go every few days for bloods now, and a repeat ultrasound next week. anyone know anything about ectopics???? i hope everything turns out ok for me. i don't know what else these "masses" could be?

my betas came back good at 3100...but according the doctors office, "i am not out of the woods, yet"

If there is a normal pregnancy in there too, your betas will come back good so it's not reliable. One of the masses could be an ovarian cyst or corpus luteum cyst, but as there are three it needs watching. It could be possible to remove an ectopic and preserve the normally developing pregnancy if that does turn out to be the scenario.

Hopefully it's just a normal pregnancy and good luck!

i hope so. i hate that i have to wait a week to find out. i wish i would know now. i am not that hopeful, tho. i know you can see yolk sac at beta levels 1500-2000, and mine were 3100 and they weren't sure. so, unless the baby was being stubborn, i doubt this is a viable pregnancy.

How far along are you? I had a suspected ectopic, but it turned out to just be too early to see anything. I know what you're going through, though, with the worrying and blood draws. Hopefully things are okay! My thoughts are with you, and best of luck! :flow:

i am supposed to be 6 wks 1 day today...i was at the docs at 5 wks 4 days. i am just praying for the best.

Hi I was scanned in EPU at 5 + 4 and they couldn't see much at all, then had a second scan at 7 weeks and saw my little bean, so you never know it could just be a bit too early. Fingers crossed

i am just stuck on the "suspicious masses" they saw on me. they didn't say whether it was in the tubes or uterus. any more thoughts??

off to my ultrasound in about a half hour. wish me luck, girls. and shoot me a little prayer:)

back from scan. saw the heartbeat:) 109 beats per minute. there is also another yolk sac, but no heart beat yet. the techs seem to think they did see the baby there, but only certain ways i moved. probably going back in 1 wk to see if the second baby is viable. thank everyone for their good luck wishes!

Wehey for one healthy baby and no ectopic! :yipee: You must be so relieved! Fingers crossed the second is just from you ovulating a little later... fxfxfx

i am sooo relieved. i had myself worried sick. i wish doctors offices didn't tell you the worst case senarios over the phone.

Excellent news, at least there is one viable LO in there, hopefully two, I would rule out the second sac yet as (somehow) they have been known to develop at slightly different rates in there.

I am so happy that you are not suffering an ectopic, after experiencing it myself I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Just read through the thread and I'll be stalking! I've read of women in your situation and the second fetus did just take a little longer to be detected. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope everything turns out great!

thank you! the doctors office seemed pretty confident the 2nd baby would be viable. can't wait to find out!

Yay! I am so glad to hear that! Congratulations, and keep us updated! I'll be stalking as well! :flower:

hello girls, hope this is the right thread for me. i am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant and doctor could not see anything on the ultrasound. not even the lining of the uterus is thickened. i have no pains, no pregnancy symptoms at all.... progesterone levels are 40 - according to doctor they are low. going to check if hcg levels go up or down and see from there...

doc said that if i dont miscarry naturally, i have to do a laparoscopy to remove everything. suspected ectopic pregnancy. anyone gone through this?

i really need your help

hello girls, hope this is the right thread for me. i am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant and doctor could not see anything on the ultrasound. not even the lining of the uterus is thickened. i have no pains, no pregnancy symptoms at all.... progesterone levels are 40 - according to doctor they are low. going to check if hcg levels go up or down and see from there...

doc said that if i dont miscarry naturally, i have to do a laparoscopy to remove everything. suspected ectopic pregnancy. anyone gone through this?

i really need your help

hey hun, i personally don't have experience with ectopic pregnancies but if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there are links to different threads about ectopic pregnancies. You may be able to find help there. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->