• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swapping to pushchair?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
My DS is 11 weeks old at the moment and I've noticed that he is starting to get a bit big for the carrycot part of his pram. I don't really think that it will fit him for more than a few more weeks at most so will be switching to the pushchair attachment soon. It is suitable from birth, lies all the way back and fortunately can face towards us. He is just growing up too fast!!

I'm just curious as to when you LOs outgrew their carrycot part and switched to pushchair?

My DS outgrew his at 6 months and he was a big boy. DD outgrew hers at 7 months but that was more due to her snowsuit and sleeping bag and in just inside clothes she would probably still just fit in at 9 months now

My daughters on the 91st centile for length and still fits in her carrycot at nearly 5 months

My daughter went in the proper pushchair part of her pushchair at 3 months! Not because she didn't fit but because she wanted to be able to see the world, she's so nosy! She did still use her car seat on her pushchair sometimes too though when she was that little xxx

I'm surprised to hear that some have been able to keep their babies in the carrycot until 6/7 months. I just cant see my little boy fitting in it past 4 months at the absolute most. Last time he was measured he was 50th percentile for length and only just 75th percentile for weight so its not like he's bug, pretty average really. To be honest he doesn't love lying down if he is awake when we are out and about and we often use the wrap. Maybe my carrycot is smaller than average? Its a Joie Chrome Plus.

Both my kids were in there's past 6 months as that's what they slept in at night too. Maybe have a small carrycot? it's a horrible feeling when they grow out something but rest assured mummy, 11 weeks is still a new new tiny baby xxx

My son was in his until 6 months and he's on the 75th for height and 50th for weight. :)

We never had a carrycot - we have a bugaboo bee so used a cocoon which is similar to a carry cot but doesnt have high sides, she's still fitting in hers at 7 months and she's 75th for height and weight.

Emily has been in the buggy the whole time with a nest/ head hugger
It does lie flat but because of reflux I hve her reclined
I asked my Dr with Simon when was ok to change them
She said so long as they physically fit safely
Ie the restraints are able to adjust small enough for them
Its fine.
Ems always hated the pram.
I switched simes at 4 months too
With no ill effects :)

All 3 of mine stayed in until about 6 months but by that stage they did fill the pram top and started getting grumpy at being laid down all the time. I could have moved them to the pushchair seat earlier but I was selfish as I loved pushing my pram

I've never used a carrycot, just put them in the pushchair and reclined the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->