Swearing 5 years old, advice?

You should put soap in your hubby's mouth every time he curses. Correct the source. :p

And yea... I remember my mom putting soap in my mouth when I was younger... And to this day I don't remember why.

Back in the day it was"ok" to do... But if you actually sit down and think about it, putting soap in anyone's mouth does seem abusive, NOT saying you are abusive in any way, it's just an odd thing to do, and don't understand why it ever came about in the world in the first place. I'm sure It can me hazardous. If accidentally consumed.

I was always thought the soap in the mouth issue........was to make it clean after saying a dirty word/dirty words and as its obviously not a very nice experience it will stop the child saying words they are not suppose to again.

I personally think that it is abuse. x

I was always thought the soap in the mouth issue........was to make it clean after saying a dirty word/dirty words and as its obviously not a very nice experience it will stop the child saying words they are not suppose to again.

or alternatively we could just explain in normal terms like actual human beings :shrug:

i cant understand why anyone thinks this is an acceptable thing to do to a child :nope:

I agree

There was this girl I sat beside in Chemisty class in highschool and she told me her mother bleached her mouth!!!:nope:

Idk... try giving him a longer grounding make him say upstairs longer and explain the meaning of the word and why not to use it
Try it that's what I would do
Hope this works

Most effective proven way that was used in my house as well in others that I know. The first time you hear them use a word that you don't want them to say you explain to them that it is a dirty word and that because they just said it their mouth is dirty and it needs to be cleaned. Then you get out the good old bar of soap and wash their mouth out with soap. For each repeated offense you wash it again for even longer periods of time and don't let them drink water afterwards. It is a lesson they will never forget.

Most effective proven way that was used in my house as well in others that I know. The first time you hear them use a word that you don't want them to say you explain to them that it is a dirty word and that because they just said it their mouth is dirty and it needs to be cleaned. Then you get out the good old bar of soap and wash their mouth out with soap. For each repeated offense you wash it again for even longer periods of time and don't let them drink water afterwards. It is a lesson they will never forget.

are you actually serious :nope::nope::nope:

i would actually hate to think you are a mother, what a vile individual you really are. social services would have a field day with that ^

please explain what kind of sick person would do such a thing to an innocent child?

If they understand its a bad word, then time-out is a good resort. If they have just copied it from school and don't actually know its wrong, then just talking to them and explaining is a good way to do.

However, I don't believe that parents and kids should have different words. Its double standards. If you child is not allowed to swear, then the parents shouldn't either. My husband and I slip up occasionaly and get called on it by my son (he is like a prefect). We have to apologise and have also both done time on the naughty chair. I know it sounds silly, but its helped us to control our langauge (nothing worse than you son laughing at you in time-out).

My son is starting to understand that some of the things his friend say at school he is not allowed to say and he tells his friends off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->