Sweaty 10 month old

Pulirula

Reaction score
The past week or so my boy has been super sweaty and clammy. Im in NY so it’s not horribly hot. 70s to 80s. He’s a pretty chubby boy. He’s active and happy. He sleeps horribly. Wakes every few hours. He’s almost 10 months old. I’m worried sick about his sweating so much but nobody else is. They say it’s just because he’s a baby and he’s hot. It’s mostly his arms that sweat the most. He’s just sticky and wet feeling. Like he’s been wiped with a wet cloth. Has anyone else had a sweaty baby that was healthy? I made the mistake of googling and now I’m worried about SIds and a heart problem. Doesn’t matter what he’s wearing either naked or a clothe pj. He just had s bath this afternoon and he’s already sweaty!

Mine were both pretty sweaty babies (one is still a baby and still sweaty!). It's worst when they sleep, but my 1 year old is usually quite warm in general, whereas my 4 year old isn't usually now. However, she has just had a huge growth spurt and seems to be sweating more - I'm not sure if it's the current heat or whether her body is just getting used to an increased blood volume or what!

Babies are pretty crap at temperature regulation, but do grow out of it usually. My OH still sweats quite a lot, though, and he's in his 30s! Some people just do. The best thing you can do is ask a doctor if you're worried. They can listen to his heart for you, or reassure you that his sweating isn't excessive, presuming it probably isn't.

Something that has helped me with the worry about SIDS (which ALL parents worry about) is the Angel Care monitor you put under their mattress. The receiver then beeps whenever the baby takes a breath, so you know they're still breathing, and it sounds an alarm if breathing stops for too long.

Sweating is how we regulate temperature, so if it's hot (and I think 70-80 is pretty warm) it's reassuring that he can cool himself. I have a friend who doesn't have enough sweat glands and he can overheat easily and as a child had seizures etc because of it, so not him not being able to sweat was dangerous! No-one on here can give you medical advice and say what's normal or not, so you need reassurance from your own doctor.

I know. He has an appt on Tuesday. When it’s colder he feels normal. Right now he’s clammy but not sweaty if that makes any sense. He’s sticky lol. But he’s aleays running around in his car wearing a onesie. I think he’s okay. Just a sweaty piggy lol. But to be safe I’m going to ask his dr about it

I've just read that sweaty babies could be caused by vitamin d deficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->