sweep at 38 weeks, already 4cm, still no baby

bexbaby

Reaction score
Hello ladies so I had my sweep yesterday which would of made me 37+6 so basically 38 weeks. I have been dilated 3cm since 29 weeks, but yesterday at my sweep my consultant told me I was now 4cm and labour was definitely coming.
All I've had since yesterday is odd irregular pains, sometimes they're coming every 5 minutes then they'll ease and come but be every 10 minutes. They're just allover the place. I have had 2 shows today also, but im not 100% because the consultant said I will have bloody discharge after sweep, but the bloody discharge (SORRY TMI) had stopped yesterday after around an hour and then today started again with 2 big 'shows'.
This is my 2nd baby but with my first I was induced so all this having a show and sweep etc.. is really new to me and I don't know what the hell to expect.

Anyone with any advice, as to speed up my labour progress or just to give me some peace of mind it would be greatly appreciated :) :) :)

All my labours have been inductions. So no experience sorry. Hope things pick up for you though. Sounds promising

Its still just a case of waiting, was a lady due last year when i was in 3rd tri who got to 6cm (i think) she waited 2w before labour started it was a very quick one.

With dd2 I had 3 sweeps in total with dd2 as I really wanted a vbac but nothing happened, they don't always work hun but being 4 cm is good keep active and mobile hun and fingers crossed labour could be soon xx

With baby #2, I dilated to a 4 for 2 weeks and a 5 for more than a week before going in to be induced! You can try all the usual tips to get labor going. Bounce on a ball, walk, sex, etc.

I had a nice and easy labor after the induction started though, so I'm hoping the same happens again this time. :haha:

Sweeps always work the s cond time and take 72 hours for me!
Good luck Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->