Sweep done, induction booked.. Argh!!

alio

Reaction score
Well ladies,

I'm back from having my sweep which is the biggest thing I've worried about with, it turns out, the least need. It's absolutely nothing... how the hell can that do anything?! Doesn't look like this boy is going to make any moves for coming out. She said my cervix was softer than she would expect with first baby but that it was still quite far back and 'starting to efface'.

She had a feel and thinks he's back to back, which is rubbish, but then she couldn;t find his heartbeat.... It was horrible lying there while she scrabbled around trying to find it. Luckily she found it but it was almost at the top of my freakin' left thigh. She says she has no idea what position he's in now as she wouldn't expect to find his heartbeat there if he's back to back.

She's booked me in for another next Tues and booked induction for 19th October, which feels like an eternity.....

It's so shit when you go over.:hissy::hissy::rofl:

xxx

Good luck, my sweeps did bugger all but they are successful for some people. Hope he makes his entrance soon

Good Luck! Hopefully it will do something! Just do things to encourage it -- :sex:
hehe

Hope your not waiting too long hun xx

It is crap going overdue, i did with my 1st. Hope things get moving soon xx

Fingers crossed the sweep wakes your bits up! Hebe is back to back and had been for about 10 weeks. They always tend to find her HB very low down on my left hand side although she did move once and they found it low down on the right.

If you're induced I presume you'll be in the 'Fax' ?? At 10 days overdue I hadnt even softened with my first so I think you're still gonna do it on your own.

Here's to not making it to next tuesday's sweeps bud!!:friends:

I hope the sweep works for you. I know how you feel about the 19th feeling so far away because thats my due date and it feels like years away!! Lets hope your baby is here before then! x

Fingers crossed the sweep wakes your bits up! Hebe is back to back and had been for about 10 weeks. They always tend to find her HB very low down on my left hand side although she did move once and they found it low down on the right.

If you're induced I presume you'll be in the 'Fax' ?? At 10 days overdue I hadnt even softened with my first so I think you're still gonna do it on your own.

Here's to not making it to next tuesday's sweeps bud!!:friends:

Awww. thanks matey.... Yeah induction in the 'Fax!! I would think he's definitely back to back then going by what you said about Hebe's heartbeat! And that may be positive about the softening then.

Thanks buddy....

Good luck Alio! I hope this kick starts things for you x x

Good luck hun, lets hope this sweep gets thing going!!

How long after a sweep do things usually start to happen if they are going to?
Its completetly different for everyone i suppose?

How long after a sweep do things usually start to happen if they are going to?
Its completetly different for everyone i suppose?

Well, they generally say between 24-48 hours. I don;t reckon this one has done anything for me. You know when you just somehow 'know'?!

xx

Fingers crossed that your sweep works hun!!! Good luck!
xx

Hi hun! Have you had a show or anything since your sweep??
I'm gettin some crazy pains right now and I've had a show so fingers crossed! I hope something happens for you soon
xxxxxxxxx

Hi hun! Have you had a show or anything since your sweep??
I'm gettin some crazy pains right now and I've had a show so fingers crossed! I hope something happens for you soon
xxxxxxxxx

Absolutely nothing sweetheart... Though she did say my trip to the hosp today may be as a result of things loosening up. I think yours must be your show darling. I really hope this is the start Laura.... if nothing else at least it feels like we're being proactive in coaxing the little swines out. xx:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->