Sweep done today

claireyfairy

Mum to 1 pregnant with#2
Reaction score
I am 39+6 today so my midwife agreed to do a sweep. She said that she had managed a really good sweep and that I was already 2-3cm dilated , 50% effaced and 3/5 engaged. She made my next appointment but assured me I would have had baby by then.
Problem is she said something very similar with ds at 40eeeks and I ended up induced at 41+5. So was my ds just stubborn and I am likely to have a baby by next week or are my hopes being unduly raised!!!!

Ps I really want a natural birth this time at my birthing centre so hope she is right!!

I am kind of wondering the same thing. I was 3 centimeters today and 70% effaced. No sweep though but I am just about 38 weeks.

I agree I think they try to be positive for us. No one actually knows do they? But fingers crossed for you guys x

I had a sweep on the Monday evening, had my show on Tuesday (and Wednesday) and started having contractions on Wednesday night, DD was born on Thursday. I was like you- 3cm dilated, effaced and 3/5ths engaged. My sweeps with my son didn't work but my body wasn't ready for labour. Good luck! :)

Thank you for your replies ladies. i have been busy walking, bouncing on ball and dtd. might get dh to order a spicey curry still tonight too!!!

I have has some pinkish/brownish dishcharge (sorry if tmi) does this count as a show- or not as it is due to sweep? So confused!!

Thank you for your replies ladies. i have been busy walking, bouncing on ball and dtd. might get dh to order a spicey curry still tonight too!!!

I have has some pinkish/brownish dishcharge (sorry if tmi) does this count as a show- or not as it is due to sweep? So confused!!

The show is just your mucous plug.. after a sweep very common to lose it. So yes its your show.

Just been to the toilet and there is no mistake now- it is my plug. That has got to be a good sign, am I right?
Don't remember seeing this at all with ds.

Thats a very good sign. The doctor said I already lost mine and it was gone today. I think we are very close. We are about the same in dilation and both lost our plugs. It will be interesting to see what happens. Good luck!!! Maybe e will be holding our babies by this weekend!!!!

Good luck torrie! I feel quite excited now!!
Will be interesting to see what happens now, keep us updated xx

I will...same to you!!! It's funny I was so over being pregnant and wanted him out and now I'm scared...lol

Ooo sounds good!! Just wondering, did it hurt?

I felt really scared with ds but this time I am ok (I think!!).

Immy-the sweep was really uncomfortable, but didn't take long so it's ok!

Just checking on you Claire... Not much here... Contractions are worse but they come and go!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Baby is wriggling away and seems fairly content but all I can think is 'oh my god you are to big to be shuffling like that in my tummy- out now!'
How are the contractions torrie? I'm not even having those!!

I am beyound disappointed.

They are almost like the bh but just a little more painful. I just keep thinking how can I be walking around 3 centimeters dilated and it's like nothing!!! Lol I guess our little ones feel to secure on there.

They must do.

Woke up this morning to more plug loss- quite a bit. How much plug can there be?!
I am completely grossed out at this point- I already felt queasy!! X

I had 4 sweeps and lost a lot of bloody mucous after each one but when I actually lost my plug there was really no mistaking it. It was huge and about the most disgusting thing ive ever seen!! Hopeitmappen soon for you!

Anything yet Claire??? Nothing on this end. Just waiting......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->