Sweep - UK

Jft1

Reaction score
How many weeks are you offered a sweep at? My midwife hasn't given me much information up until now and to be honest I've probably never asked. At my next appointment I'll be 39+1 and wondered if I'd be offered a sweep then? I don't know when my next appointment will be after that, my book hasn't been marked up very well, but I'm assuming the earliest would be 40+1.

I was offered a sweep at around 40 weeks but my midwife was unable to do it anyway as baby's head was too high in the end.

I had one at 38+5 and another at 39+3, although I've been on the verge of needing an induction for fluid levels since 37 weeks and the OB consult I had recommended it to get things going naturally as I didn't want to be induced. I'm now 2 days overdue despite the sweeps and will probably be induced at 41 weeks anyway.

Thanks ladies.
@Teanna sorry it didn't work for you, hopefully your baby arrives soon. I'm 38 weeks and so done, so I can only imagine how you feel. Good luck!

Unless there is a reason to sweep you early, then generally midwives wont do you a sweep until 40 weeks.

I had three with DS one at 38+5 , was 2cm and 100 effaced another one at 39+ 5 was still 2cm and 100 effaced , had a further one at 40+5 and DS was born the following day!

My consultant has me booked for a sweep at 39 weeks and possible balloon induction if I'm dilated enough.

I don't think you need to book if it's just with a midwife so I'll just beg her on the day and hope for the best lol

My midwife wouldn't do it until 7 days overdue.. i had one at 8 days over then another at 10 days over.. super frustrating as I saw her at 4 days over and she wouldn't do one

This time I'm gonna ask my midwife for one at my next appointment hun, she knows how much pain I've been in, even though I'll he only 39+2 I won't see her again until 41+2 and I'm not waiting that long to get one done, hopefully she will just think oh it's only 5 days until 40 weeks, I'll turn on the water works :rofl:

In the uk they dont normoly do a sweep until 40 weeks. But if theres a medical reason they may do one earlier.

This time I'm gonna ask my midwife for one at my next appointment hun, she knows how much pain I've been in, even though I'll he only 39+2 I won't see her again until 41+2 and I'm not waiting that long to get one done, hopefully she will just think oh it's only 5 days until 40 weeks, I'll turn on the water works :rofl:
I'm doing the same haha!!

I’m seeing mine on Friday I’ll be almost 39 is it worth me asking hahaha

I'd ask just incase, you never know :haha: x

I feel like a naughty child because she has already stated sweep after 40 weeks however I may push my luck haha!
39 weeks almost, that won’t be too bad! I’m just so bored now my good god x

I'm beyond bored. I'm definitely asking. This baby needs to be evacuated now haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->