Sweep

mammywannabee

Reaction score
I'm going to get a sweep on Thursday at 37+1 as instructed by the consultant because of my severe spd.. Anyone else had one previous? Tia xx

Following. My doctor is offering me one soon and I'm curious.

I had it with dd, it wasn't pleasant at all, a bit worse than the pap and I had a little pink discharge after.

Don't know if it was the sweep or just nature's call, labour started 3 days later.

Good luck!

I had one with DS, was very uncomfortable to get done but worked a treat! Started getting cramps straight away and our little boy was born within 48 hours. Best of luck! :flower:

I had about 4 or 5 with my last pregnancies. I can't say it was a nice experience but I would say uncomfortable more than painful. Just lie back and pretend you're somewhere else!

I had two with ds2 they didn't work but I was induced two days later and had a very quick labour. X

Im booked for my sweep on 30th at dead on 37 weeks, same reason as you! Im just hoping it works!! Never had one before though as my first and second children came on their own early! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!
Xx

I'm feeling a lot of movement tonight.. Getting a few period type cramps in the back and legs xx

I've had severe spd and sweeps, I'd take the sweeps any day! Purely on the fact it will only last a few minutes whereas spd I was crippled for months! Don't be scared, I promise it's not so bad and even if it is it'll be done and gone :)

Not for me sadly, I had two but went 13 days over. My midwife today said they work much better for second+ time mums so I'm hoping the one I've got booked for Monday helps!

I'm getting cramps down there tonight hopefully it does something 2moro I'm not holding my breath though lol xx

Will do thanks ladies... Midwife is coming between 10-11.. Just been to loo (tmi alert ⚠ sorry) had a fair bit of mucusy discharge not bloody or pink just creamy clear like xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->