swelling feet/legs

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
my feet and legs where swollen last night after being out all day,but they have went down after having a sleep though think they might still be a little bit swollen. i know that swelling is normal in pg but it can also be a sign of pre-eclampsia. how do you know if its normal pg swelling or something more dangerous?? my hands or face arent swollen but my legs are bit sore and heavy feeling. my bp has been normal apart from my 12wk appointment.

i have a slight fear of swelling so im constantly checking for it. i have been very busy the last few days-thurs and fri i was walking constantly for approx 3 hours each day and then yesterday i was constantly sitting down as i was on a work day out-we had 1hr30min bus journey, then sitting around for approx 1hr,on a boat ride for approx 10mins, sitting around again for another few hrs,sitting having dinner for approx 1hr 30mins, short 5 min walk to our next destination, sitting around for another few hours and then 1hr 30mins bus journey home. so im not sure if the swelling is due to the combination of walking loads and sitting around doing nothing.

any ways of reducing swelling??

To reduce swelling drink lots of water and sit with your feet up, ideally higher than your hips...

To be honest, it sounds like you done A LOT and this has probably contributed to the swelling. If your face swells up at all, call maternity assessment. Likewise if you have a sudden headache or distorted vision.

When is your next midwife appt to have your BP and urine tested? I think you'll be ok and this is just one of these other annoying symptoms of being pregnant but if you're in any doubt at all, ring MA to put your mind at ease. Take care :flower:

My feet started swelling at 37 weeks. They get so thick I can't bend my toes much. It seems to be normal towards the end. My doctor wasn't concerned.

My mum gave me stockings from after a surgery (she was bed ridden for a week) they help so much! They're the same as 'plane stockings' the ones that stop swelling on flights. I have no idea if your MW will have a pair of the after surgery stockings but the plane stockings I'm pretty sure are from a chemist/pharmacy.
The plane ones look like normal knee high stockings so they should work for your job's outfit :)

I think it pretty normal towards the end, specially when the weather is a little warmer than usual & doubly specially if you are moving about a lot. My face & fingers are quite swollen too, I just think I am running out of room everywhere! No headaches or vision problems, midwife isn't concerned, so I just see it as another thing that my poor body has to go through!

To reduce swelling drink lots of water and sit with your feet up, ideally higher than your hips...

To be honest, it sounds like you done A LOT and this has probably contributed to the swelling. If your face swells up at all, call maternity assessment. Likewise if you have a sudden headache or distorted vision.

When is your next midwife appt to have your BP and urine tested? I think you'll be ok and this is just one of these other annoying symptoms of being pregnant but if you're in any doubt at all, ring MA to put your mind at ease. Take care :flower:

yea im thinking ive just overdone it:dohh: just worried now as im back to work tomorrow after having a week off and am afraid that my feet will swell again.

my next mw app is thurs 30th may so about 2 weeks away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->