Swelling still at 1 month PP?

Selaphyna

Mom of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
I noticed today that I am still having swelling of my ankles at 1 month postpartum. When DS2 was born, doctor was pretty sure that I had pre-e though it wasn't really diagnosed as that. I had swelling in my ankles that started at about 20 weeks, due to me working on my feet for 7+ hours a day. I got new shoes, that helped, but as pregnancy progressed, swelling still continued. At about 35 weeks, I was put on modified bed rest due to hypertension. My bp was slowly getting higher and higher towards the end of the pregnancy. Hands started to swelling towards the end as well, especially the couple weeks I was on bed rest. I had lo at 39+1, and due to his size and my after birth (while I had no other symptoms just the elevated bp), doctor was pretty sure it was pre-e. After lo was born, bp was still elevated, but swelling went down. I can now wear my rings again. I had a doctor's appointment at 2 weeks pp, and bp was still slightly elevated. Didn't notice any type of swelling, until today. Have any of you ladies had this problem? I have my next pp appointment on the 9th, so I'm not entirely worried about atm, but I still find it odd.

I didn't have raised BP or pre-eclampsia or anything like that, but I had ridiculous swelling of my legs and hands, which didn't go down until about 5-6 weeks pp. I couldn't wear my own shoes or my wedding rings until then, and actually my rings don't slip off and on like they used to, they're still a little tighter than usual most of the time. I was never given any reason for it except 'pregnancy' :dohh: I was given a LOT of fluids in the hospital and I swelled up even more then, and DD was born quite swollen too.

Definitely mention it to your doctor, hope they get to the bottom of it for you!

Ty for answering. I did get at least one bag of water when I went in to have him as they wanted to get fluids in me before my wasted epidural (I had epi at 2:40am, had lo at 3:20am). And I think they put another bag of fluid in me after he was born. I don't remember though. But I would have thought that would cause swelling then, and go down afterwards. And not cause it at 1 month pp. :shrug:

Swelling was pretty bad yesterday. :( I definitely plan on bringing it up now, because I'm starting to worry it may be something else. I'm not the most healthy person, though I'm trying especially now that lo is here. It makes me wonder what my bp is, but unfortunately there isn't any place around here that I can have it checked without going to my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->