Swimming whilst on period??

never had a problem with it. works well with tampins.

Yep I use tampons. My periods are quite light anyway.

I always wait until I'm totally finished AF as I'm so paranoid!

I had no idea this was even something people didnt do!
I just wear a tampon and go, even on heavy days I put a super plus jumbo (wtv its called!) up there right before I go out to the pool.
you will be fine.

I think my biggest fear more than a leak is if the tampon string were to some how poke out :haha: (although I know this is very irrational and not likely to happen!!)

Yep, I just wear a tampon.

Also, I've never heard of a menstrual cup...What the heck is that?

Yep, I just wear a tampon.

Also, I've never heard of a menstrual cup...What the heck is that?

They are the bomb. It's a reusable silicone cup that you put up there to catch the blood and whatnot. No string. No wicking the water up. I think they hold about twice as much. You can wear for up to 12 hours (if not full before). Not associated with TSS.

You can read about them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cup

Usually when people say the cup, they mean the bell shaped one, not the disposable one. It doesn't work so good for AF (great for TTC though, go read up on softcups if you are interested!).

I use the MeLuna. This is the actual cup I use (except mine is black). I used the small before the baby and shortly after post-partum, but had to move up to the medium as I got older.

Also, that was the first and only time I've ordered something from overseas and had it shipped. It took two weeks, but went off without a hitch. I was extremely happy with the service.

I've been swimming with my mooncup.

Ive been thinking of getting a cup because my periods go like this
Day 1 heavy
Day 2 regular
Day 3 light
Day 4 finished
So I always feel like I have to bulk buy every type of tamponflows!

Cheers everyone. Well didnt swim yesterday as was super heavy but did today and was fine (well expect my toddler doing a poo in the pool - i know there always one but did it have to be mine. -so horrified.)

Ive been thinking of getting a cup because my periods go like this
Day 1 heavy
Day 2 regular
Day 3 light
Day 4 finished
So I always feel like I have to bulk buy every type of tamponflows!

a cup would be perfect for this. The fleurcup is on offer on feminine wear, I believe it's £8 plus shipping. You only need to buy one cup and you're set :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->