Swimming with baby?

snafusan

Go ziggy!
Reaction score
Hey all,

So today I went to enquire about a monthly membership at the local leisure center for myself and while I was there I asked about OH and Baby coming along for family sessions. They said they can accomodate but I forgot to ask some stuff there..

What sort of stuff would you need for an 8-9 month old to go swimming? Are there any special waterproof trunks - given that they could randomly pee or poo themselves at any time? Obviously arm bands for safety and stuff like that..

If anyone else has gone swimming with a baby before I'd appreciate if you could give some advice for first time baby swimmers :)

Thanks!

We've been taking our LO since he hit 3 months (I inherited my mum's fear/unease of water and that needs to not keep getting passed down!!).

We use a a nappicova (https://www.konfidence.co.uk/acatalog/Nappicovas.html) over a swimnappy - I think most pools insist on this double layer now.

We've also got him a wetsuit, so he can stay in the pool longer and he's less slippery to hold. I'd definately recommend one.

Hope you enjoy your swimming!

Thank you, I've ordered some trunks now - getting sent to the MIL's place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->