Swine Flu Advice.What would you do?

dizzyspells

Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx
Reaction score
Just want some opinions if possible!!My daughter who is 5 got a letter sent home yesterday saying that a child at her school has suspected Swine Flu!.She is at a small village school with aprox 70 odd children in it,so they are all in quite close contact.The letter states that ALL children aslong as they are not showing symtoms should attend school and it will not be closing as this is government guidlines now.We decided to send her today,as it is only suspected and not confirmed yet,but have just had a call from one of the Mums at school saying that the child who was sent home is in my Reception my daughters class!!So im at home now freaking out!!Just more worried as we have a 2 week old baby at home and dont want to risk his health or Mias.But chances are if she has been in the class with this child(11 in her class) then she will have picked up the virus anyway by now,and having read up in can take 7 days to develp.What would you do??.I am very tempted to ring OH up and get him to collect her from school asap but is this just overreacting??and of she does have it then what about her passing it on to the baby?!.I am so worried!.

hey hun i posted a few link on swine flu in the gen chat section in a thread someone else had made and one of the links was just for babies/toddlers :hugs:

My hubbys school is rife with it. Dozen's of kids have gone home with suspected swine flu. They are no longer testing to confirm it so it's never going to be more than suspected.

It cant be contained so no schools will be shutting now. It's pretty safe to assume we are all going to get it at some point now. Better to get some immunity now before the main flu season.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->