Swollen left ankle !

xblondiex

Reaction score
Is it bad to have swelling on just 1 side iv read about blood clots and things and feel worried sick now :( im extremely tired but i have just had a bath so could be that. Does anyone else have swelling in just 1 side ? X

Is the other side swollen at all? I've had swelling on both sides, but my left is always worse. If it's just on 1 side, then I would def have it checked.

No the right side isnt even slightly swollen thats whats worrying me :/

I would call. Might be nothing, but it's better to be sure.

Go in to get checked by a doctor asap (not necessarily a midwife as they won't be able to test for a dvt). With something like clots it is better to be safe rather than sorry (sadly, I speak from clotting experience).

PS: If I remember correctly, you've been suffering from breathlessness for a while, too, right? Be sure to mention it and please don't delay getting checked out.

My left foot usually gets swollen as well. So does my right but not as bad as my left.

I havent been to the docs yet i was waitin until xmas eve as thats when i next see the midwife. How would i tel if it was a clot? It isnt sore it just doesnt look great x

Yea that was me who was getting breathless too and still am but think its just when babys stretching although he has dropped i font feel that lightening

Well, if it was a clot (and obviously I hope it isn't!) you shouldn't be waiting that long to be seen. Can't you call NHS direct? Or the prenatal day assessment centre at your hospital?

Signs it might be a clot (you may have some or none or all of these): it hurts, it hurts when you pull your toes up towards your knee, you have a rash or redness or the leg feels hotter, you haven't injured yourself but you have swelling. My DVT didn't hurt, btw.

In terms of the breathlessness, some people have a cough, pain when breathing, cough up blood. I didn't have any of those. My main symptom was extreme breathlessness, worse when lying down, breathlessness at rest - not just on exertion.

Clots are quite rare but if you do have the symptoms you ought to be seen. Most people get checked out and they find the real cause is something like accidental injury whilst sleeping, phlebitis, lack of iron or a number of other issues... So there is no need to worry but personally, I would run your symptoms by a medical professional just to be sure and safe. If you are in the UK you will normally have had a DVT risk assessment at the beginning of your pregnancy and the details are in your notes. So they do take the topic very seriously.

Thanks for the advice i dont have any symptoms the only thing thats changed is iv gone really sick but that could just be normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->