symptom similarities in multiple pregnancies?

MrsR3AM5

TTC and Mommy to an angel
Reaction score
Hi! :hi: This is a question for all those ladies who have had multiple pregnancies: are the symptoms usually the same for you (i.e. early signs and in the 1st 12 weeks) or are they just completely different...kind of like one child is different from another type thing...Just curious!

Mine were both different and not many similarities at all :)

Completely different every time. The only thing in common with all three has been bone-crushing fatigue. Not like, I stayed up too late and now I'm tired fatigue, but like I slept 14 hours last night and still took a 2-hour nap this afternoon fatigue! :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

I've had 3. My initial symptom (prior to missing AF) was different each time. #1-oddly bloated/distended abdomen. #2- tender nipples (while nursing #1), #3-familiar pregnancy only, GI issues.

But, my first trimester symptoms had both similarities and differences. 2 pregnancies I had a metalic taste in my mouth (#1 &#3, boy/girl). I had m/s with each pregnancy (it progressively got worse and started earlier as well).

Polar opposite for me!

1st: extreme fatigue, severe nausea, insomnia, constipation, and not a single hair off my head in the 9 months.

2nd: energetic, sleeping like a log, no nausea, a bit of diarrhea, but severe hair loss :-( I hate this last one. Need to get my mid-back length hair chopped up, I've lost so much. Would easily take the nausea over this :nope:

Polar opposite for me!

1st: extreme fatigue, severe nausea, insomnia, constipation, and not a single hair off my head in the 9 months.

2nd: energetic, sleeping like a log, no nausea, a bit of diarrhea, but severe hair loss :-( I hate this last one. Need to get my mid-back length hair chopped up, I've lost so much. Would easily take the nausea over this :nope:

:hugs::hugs: for the hair issues. I hope that resolves soon!! Maybe up the vitamin intake or change the one your on b/c it sounds like your reserves are getting leached?

I'm going to try magnesium supplements... I've not stopped the prenatal vitamins or the folic acid since pre-conception for #1, since I just finished nursing in June and we wanted to start trying for #2 in August... Hair cut is tonight. It looks horrendous right now :cry:

I'm going to try magnesium supplements... I've not stopped the prenatal vitamins or the folic acid since pre-conception for #1, since I just finished nursing in June and we wanted to start trying for #2 in August... Hair cut is tonight. It looks horrendous right now :cry:

:hugs:

I bet you it's not from the pregnancy, it's form weaning your first baby.

I always had a big shedding 3 months after a baby weaned. I looked like an old man with a receeding hair line, lol.

It will grow back in, :hugs:

Ready'-
What in the world do you mean by "coke" in your siggy? I know it's not crack, but maybe you're trying to stay awake and drink tons of coke?? Maybe a fav drink?

*SS*

:hugs:

I bet you it's not from the pregnancy, it's form weaning your first baby.

I always had a big shedding 3 months after a baby weaned. I looked like an old man with a receeding hair line, lol.

It will grow back in, :hugs:

I stopped shedding from weaning before I get pregnant. Hair loss is actually a pregnancy symptom for some women. I have it bad, one of the worse cases as per my hairdresser... I hope it stops in second tri!

Ready'-
What in the world do you mean by "coke" in your siggy? I know it's not crack, but maybe you're trying to stay awake and drink tons of coke?? Maybe a fav drink?

*SS*

Just a fav drink I refuse to give up while ttc. That's all.

Although, I could use crack! :haha:

ready- I still have my caffiene too..I can't give it all up and its all I got:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->