Symptoms - Looking for Opinions

mrskay_yeg

Reaction score
I am new to posting in forums, and I hope that this one proves to be friendlier than the last one I was reading. I was reading someone else's post asking questions about potential pregnancy symptoms, only to have a long stream of nasty replies from others with eye-rolling .gifs and sarcastic remarks about not having a crystal ball to see what was happening in her uterus. I am not looking for confrontation, I am just looking for the opinion of others who may have more experience than I do in this department.

My husband and I have decided to stop using birth control, and "let nature take it's course" - so to speak. There has been twice over the last three weeks that I could have gotten pregnant, one of which was likely during my "fertile window" (three weeks ago), the other about two weeks ago.
This past week, I have felt absolutely off - I have noticed so many changes that I can't explain.

- Nausea and dizziness. It seems to be getting worse, but I have felt nauseous at least once (if not more) every day for the last week. No vomiting, although I nearly tossed my cookies in the back of a co-worker's car on my way to a business lunch.
- Extreme moodiness. My poor husband. I was expecting my period, so I attributed it to PMS... but this time I was more of a terror than usual, even I noticed.
- Change in cramping. I usually get really bad cramps on the first day of my period. This time, I felt the slightest dull pain at the most - otherwise, it was business as usual.
- Fatigue. Some days worse than others, but I have noticed the afternoons seem to wear me out.
- Headaches. I blamed the fatigue and possible dehydration - I seem to be thirstier than usual.
- A wonky period. This was the biggest red flag for me. I have always had a fairly regular and predictable period. I stopped taking the pill in January (after seven years), so I have been using a period tracking app to monitor my cycle. The last few months, my period usually arrives a day or two prior to the app's predicted day, and always lasts 5-7 days. This month, it was on the exact day the app predicted and was only 3 days long. Never, ever have I had this happen. Today, I have the tiniest bit of spotting.

Because of the change in my period, I decided to take a home pregnancy test last night (even though my husband told me that it was likely too early). Sure enough, it turned up negative.

I am confused, because the nausea has returned today (as well as that spotting I mentioned). I thought the HPT would pick it up, because of early detection - now I'm not so sure.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hi Mrskay,

I hope you find us a friendlier bunch.

It sounds to me like you have either had a very early miscarriage, or you have experienced a heavy implantation bleed. I would wait a couple of days and re-test. xxx

I agree, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I would def wait few days and take a first response. Maybe it's implantation bleedinb

Like pp said it could be an implantation bleed.wait ae few days and retest.good luck x

It could be implantation bleeding, or it could just be a wonky period. I've had that happen several times, I am convinced I must be pregnant because of symptoms, my period is a bit weird, either super light or super short, but I've always tested BFN on those months. I'd say wait for a week and test again!

Most of the symptoms you describe are early pregnancy symptoms, but also could indicate an imbalance of hormones. I've seen time and time again on the forums that as soon as we start trying to get pregnant our AF gets wacky. I don't know if it is from stress or our body trying to prepare for a pregnancy, but keep tracking your cycles. If you have 3 AFs in a row that are unusual I would contact your doctor for a check up, and depending on your age, get checked at 6 or 12 months regardless if you still haven't gotten a positive HPT. Good Luck!! :)

It could be implantation bleeding, or it could just be a wonky period. I've had that happen several times, I am convinced I must be pregnant because of symptoms, my period is a bit weird, either super light or super short, but I've always tested BFN on those months. I'd say wait for a week and test again!

What she said :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->