Symptoms resolving???

Roschey

Reaction score
Hi ladies!
I'm 11 weeks 4 days, but wanting to post in 2nd trimester for your guidance.
I have been terribly sick this pregnancy and was even hospitalized for dehydration. All of a sudden, these last couple days I've been feeling much better, barely nauseous at all. I'm worried because I've already had 2 miscarriages this year without any symptoms. The US on those just showed baby with no heartbeat.
This is the farthest I've made it this time, and am worried that I'm feeling better. I know it can be normal around this time, but was hoping for some sort of reassurance from any of you that may have had similar experiences with positive outcomes.
Also, around 6 weeks I was super bloated and gained a few pounds. Then got so sick I was less than pre pregnancy. Now I'm right where I was when I found out I was pregnant. So, although I haven't really gained anything overall, my clothes don't fit and I have to wear maternity. Hoping maybe that's good news? Ugh idk!
I have 2 other sons, but had never experienced a loss before, so I honestly don't think I was paying as much attention to those symptoms as I am now with this pregnancy.
I have another appt and US on friday, but I'm freaking out now!

I'm so sorry to read about your losses. The good thing is it's very normal to lose symptoms starting from about 9 weeks. Mine are worst from weeks 4.5 through about 8.5, and then it starts tapering down. By 11 weeks, I'm usually having more good days than bad. It makes sense, since it's around 10 weeks that the placenta takes over hormone production to sustain the pregnancy and your body doesn't have to do it anymore (whew!).
That said, don't ever feel like you can't call your doctor or midwife when you are feeling worried like this. Especially with your history of losses, they should be very sympathetic to your needs and reassure you as much as possible. Good luck to you, and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

I can't remember with my first 2, but with this baby and my last one I started feeling a lot less nauseous at 11 weeks and by 12 it was very sporadic. Now, by almost 14 weeks I feel sooooo much better and I had my scan a couple days ago that showed a happy little baby in there. It is normal to feel better around 11 weeks. I do understand how we worry after losses though!

Thank you both so much! I did end up contacting my doctor anyway just to try to ease my paranoia, and they also said that as long as there isn't any bleeding or severe cramping that there's no reason for worry right now, and that I should be starting to feel better now more than I feel bad. I have my first trimester scan and testing tomorrow so I'm really anxious for that!!!

I think it's pretty normal for symptoms to dissipate at this stage as the placenta starts taking over but I understand your worry also.

My MS went away almost overnight at 10 weeks and I too was worried because it was my only symptom so the last two weeks I've been worried and hoping bub is alright, but I heard heart beat on doppler at the Dr's on Saturday so that put my mind at ease until my scan on Thursday.

Try to relax - as your Dr said, you have no reason to think anything is wrong because of no bleeding, cramping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->