Symptoms second time round

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
Were your early symptoms the same in all your pregnancies or did they differ? :coffee:

My symptoms were almost completely opposite. Both male, though, for the record. :)

With my first, I was hungry nonstop. With this one, I am not. With my first, I had severe nausea and food aversions. Not with this one. With this one, I struggled to maintain my weight. With my first, I lost weight in the first half of pregnancy! Etc.

So far my pregnancies could not have been more different. For my first, I felt the best of my life. I did not have a moment of nausea. My hair was great, my skin was great, my mood was way more stabilized. My only problems were I was super tired the entire first trimester; I had a couple of food aversions; I wasn't super hungry the first trimester; and I had heartburn starting in the beginning of the second trimester and then through the end.

This time. Not super tired in first trimester. Nausea started before I even tested positive and has continued on (16 weeks tomorrow). My skin is awful. My hair is awful. My horomones are all over the place. I generally feel icky most of the time.

My first child is a boy. I find out in 2 weeks what this one is- Im super curious if the difference is because this one is a girl or if it just the difference in pregnancies in general.

First time round I was miserable with MS, plus put off work for 2 months due to heavy bleeding. This time I didn't even realise I was pregnant to start with - went for first scan and was surprised when they said I was 4 weeks further on than I thought! (Had a M/C just before this one, so no LMP to go by). I was generally stressed and sick my first pregnancy, whereas this time pregnancy has been easy so far (touch wood) - sometimes I even forget I'm pregnant! Not sure if my body's just used to it now, or it might be a boy this time. Have a feeling it's another girl though! :shrug:

this time couldn't be any more different from the first time

First time: no symptoms except for a bit of vertigo around 4 months and heartburn at the end of 3rd tri

This time: plugged nose, horrid morning sickness, exhaustion, moodswings... you name it...

I started getting symptoms way earlier than last time. They came about 5 days before my missed period, and it started with fatigue, headaches, and ms. MS got a heck of a lot worse this time from around 8 weeks on. I also started getting heartburn a lot earlier and started peeing a lot too, which are two symptoms I didn't get until the last few weeks of my 3rd trimester. I also had bad diarrhea between 8 and 10 weeks :blush:

forgot to add that cramping is waaaay worse this time around, but not as frequent.

Also have a bit of bleeding gums, did not have that last time

it's very interesting that no one has the same symptoms! Not good for my POAS addiction mind you :haha:

I'm not sure yet as still early days but my friend who has 2 boys had no morning sickness with no.1 but suffered with hypermesis with no.2!!! She thought she must be having a girl because of the difference, but nope! She also suffered really badly from spd in her 2nd pregnancy..... she was so shocked at the difference and had an awful time the 2nd time round! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->