Symptoms seem to have vanished?!

Dotty Doo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently having a bit of a meltdown.

I am 8+1 with baby no 1, my symptoms have not been really awful but I've been feeling nauseous on and off through the day for about 10 days, no vomiting. I've also been absolutely exhausted, struggling to keep my eyes open at times. Also had slight tingly nipples (tmi!)

Well, today it all seems to have ground to a halt, and I'm panicking big time. I've been at work on my feet all day and have literally had one two second wave of nausea. I'm tired but not to excess and I'm manically prodding my nipples without much tingling. Help me please!

I have no bleeding or cramping. Having a bit of a struggle in the toilet department so I'm getting slight tummy pains but it feels more like it's related to that, doesn't feel crampy.

I don't know what to do, I could just be worrying about nothing and the nausea will come back tomorrow with a vengeance, but I just feel so worried. I'm considering booking a private early scan, really not fussed about paying to get some peace of mind, but would they be able to see much at 8+1?

Sorry for the massive babble. I just don't know what to make of it all. Probably stressing out over nothing :cry:

Hi Dotty,

I'm kind of new to all of this but had to reply. My sil in law is ahead of me pregnancy wise and she has really suffered with sickness and pains, so she was worrying about that and then suddenly it stopped which made her worry. I think it's normal to be worrying- for a lot of us its been a journey to get this far and I'm trying my best not to worry.
My sil had an early scan to reassure herself I believe at 9-10 weeks. All is fine with her :)

it's hard waiting for the first scan isn't it. I want these first months to hurry up x

You should definitely be able to see something at 8+ weeks, especially if you're sure of your dates. Something else to consider is that the placenta starts to form and take over anywhere from 7-11 weeks, and some women do notice a decrease in the unpleasant symptoms of early pregnancy when that happens. Also, it's not uncommon to have a good day or two and then a bad day or two. I spent all of last weekend on the couch because I felt so awful but was up and about a couple days later. This morning I woke up and promptly vomited! I had a healthy scan on Thursday measuring 8w2d.

Baby should have a visible/audible heartbeat and look like a gummy bear at 8 weeks, but wrong dates or late implantation could mean you measure behind, so don't fret if that is the case.

Long story short, a reassurance scan at 8 weeks is fine. One at 5 weeks is not :)

I wouldn't worry about it! I know that's easier said than done but I was worried too from the time I found out at my first ultrasound, I was 7+5 when I found out, up until my 10+4 ultrasound because I had little to no symptoms at all! But when I had my 10+4 ultrasound, I literally let out a big breath because my baby was wiggling away and the heartbeat was 172, I still don't have very many symptoms other than occasional headaches, cravings, fatigue, and sensitivity to some smells. That's really about it! Try not to worry too much about it! Stress is definitely not something we pregnant ladies need! Especially early on!

Hi,symptoms comes and go so, most probably you should be fine. I had same thing happen to me my last pregnancy. my symptoms went away for few days but, came back again.

Its totally normal for symptoms to come and go :) you'll definitely be able to see baby ( will look like a wiggly jelly bean ) and a heart beat if you do decide to have a scan. I'm having a dating scan on Wednesday ill be 8+3 and i had a scan with my 2nd around the same time as well. 3rd baby i was 6+1 when i seen tiny baby and HB of 120 bpm :)

Ivhad really bad nausea from weeks 5-7 then just before 8 weeks my symptoms seemed to ease off quite a bit so some days I would feel almost normal. I was worried about it too mlbut saw the baby on a Scan at 8++4 and all was ok. I think thecplacenta starts to take over from 7-9 weeks so could be the reason:shrug:

Thanks everyone, I've woken up feeling more reassured.

I've got that lump in the throat thing going on this morning which I have been getting from time to time.

My 12 week scan isn't until 22nd September, and I'm still undecided as to whether to go for a private early one. It would give some reassurance.

I think pregnancy sends us crazy, I hate feeling sick and being sick almost to the point of a phobia, but last night I kept saying to DH "I just want to feel sick"! He just looked at me as if I had lost it haha!

Hey Dotty!!! I bet your symptoms will come back in no time. Sometimes they can fluctuate!! I had a scan at 8 weeks which gave me some reassurance. You can sorta see the arms/ legs and we could see the heartbeat flickering and even got to listen to it :cloud9:

https://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah168/emiloo1/f59c3d33-4bb3-4e2f-983d-d52475c9e178_zpsoefmkrbd.jpg

Normal service is resumed! Woop woop for feeling pants!

My nausea came back this morning and put me off my nice lunch with DH at the Harvester, and I fell asleep on the sofa right on cue at 4.30 this afternoon. Also my nipples hurt like crazy again.

Goodness knows what that was all about yesterday, maybe little bean just wanted to give me a day off!

Em that scan pic is amazing, you can see so much so early. I might have to try and sweet talk DH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->