Symptoms too severe, maybe something else going on?

jessmke

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post. My husband and I are trying to have our first baby and this is our first month trying to conceive so I really don't know what I'm doing! I ovulated approximately 6-8 days ago (based on period math so this is just a guesstimate and could be way off, I don't chart or take my temp or anything), and we have been, ahem, intimate pretty much every day since my last period ended. On Monday (about 5 dpo) I started having some abdominal cramps in the afternoon, and by the evening I had pretty severe pain in my lower right abdomen around my hip bone. It was bad enough that I couldn't stand up straight or move at all without a lot of pain. We were concerned it was my appendix, so if I started getting worse or throwing up we were ready to go to the hospital. I managed to sleep through the night, and yesterday the pain in my right side was gone but I have bad period type cramps in my lower abdomen, sometimes they feel like really bad gas pains. I also started spotting yesterday morning, and am continuing to spot today. It's quite dark spotting, brown to burgundy in color. My cramping is still there today, but not as bad as the last few days. I don't think the spotting is my period coming because that would make my period 10 days early, which would be extremely unusual for me.

Could this all be implantation? I didn't think it would be possible to get symptoms this early, and I didn't think they would be this severe! I'm concerned that because the pain and discomfort was so severe that maybe this is a ruptured cyst or something, which would account for the pain and the bleeding. Last summer my doc found a cyst on that ovary (when he was doing an ultrasound for another reason), he said it was a small, simple cyst and it didn't bother me at all so we left it alone.

I don't really have any other symptoms, boobs feel fine. Only other thing of note is that I am EXTREMELY bloated, it looks like I've swallowed a beach ball! I also did almost cry when my husband told me he was going to hockey last night, which is just plain weird since he plays hockey all the time and it's never bothered me before!

Any advice/opinions would be great! I'm wavering between being excited and being worried!

If it was implantation, it seems a little early (but don't rule it out). I guess my only advice would be to wait it out unless the pain becomes unbearable or you just feel differently like something is really wrong. If that happened I would go to the ER, they might rule out an ectopic

Good luck !! Hope this is it , but it does sound a lot like a ruptured cyst the way the pain is that you are describing ..... I would call the dr and tell them you are ttc and if this pain is normal considering you have a history with cysts also....

Were you on the pill or anything before this cycle?

That's pretty intense for implantation. It usually goes unnoticed. So a lot of pain and blood would be rare.

No I haven't been on any hormonal birth control. I had a copper IUD taken out a couple of months ago, my doctor said that with the copper ones there is really no time lag between getting it taken out and being able to conceive. I have had normal periods since having it removed.

The spotting has pretty much stopped now, and the cramps are dull but still there, nothing like on Monday. I also noticed in the shower today that the skin on my pubic bone has these bluish tracts on them, I don't know if it's my veins or what, but it looks bruised. Suuuuuper bloated and gassy still aswell!

In November I was having a lot of abdominal pain and I thought it was the cyst and saw my gynecologist, but it turns out the problem was that I have a ******* pelvic floor muscle. I had to go to physio and have the therapist massage the muscles inside my vagina (sorry if too much info!). I wonder if that has something to do with the pain?

In November I was having a lot of abdominal pain and I thought it was the cyst and saw my gynecologist, but it turns out the problem was that I have a ******* pelvic floor muscle. I had to go to physio and have the therapist massage the muscles inside my vagina (sorry if too much info!). I wonder if that has something to do with the pain?

I don't know what it puts stars in the middle of my sentence, that should say *******.

I don't know what it puts stars in the middle of my sentence, that should say *******.

What the heck!?!

S P A S T I C

Is that considered a bad word or something???

Haha it might be considered insulting or something, that's hilarious!

Well my fingers are all crossed for you that it was implantation!!! Keep us posted!

My spotting stopped yesterday morning, and today the cramps are almost gone too, so I decided to go for a short run and now I'm spotting again. Should I not do any exercise until I either get a BFP or I see my doc to find out what else might be going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->