Tablet or laptop ?

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
Which should I buy ? Any recommendations please ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...keywords=2+in+1+laptops&sprefix=2+in+,aps,162

Im saving for this one. It is a laptop but detaches to become a windows tablet. Same price as a laptop.

I love my tablet! I haven't really used our computer for anything other than banking since I got it.
I have the Nexus 7

Depends on what you'd use it for. I got the MS Surface for Xmas and have been very happy with it as I mainly use it for email, surfing the net, facebook, etc, but have also got MS Office for doing spreadsheets or documents when needed and you can click it onto a keyboard if you need to do lots of typing, although I personally don't have one.

The downside is that the range of apps available isn't anywhere near as good as say the iStore, but it is getting better and should catch up eventually. Mind you, we've got various laptops, desktops and even servers in our house if I need to do anything more complex as hubby works in IT, but even he's eyeing up the Surface Pro (which is a more powerful laptoplike version) for his next purchase.

As a pp says I think it depends what you want it for, I have and pretty much need both. I have a laptop because I'm studying and really need Word and a proper keyboard and mouse for writing long assignments. However, when not studying I use my iPad constantly, I don't open my laptop for anything other than studying unless a website is glitchy on the iPad, I even have an app to send things I need to print to our air printer. So I get the most use out of and prefer the tablet, but I couldn't be without a laptop.

So I just have a HP thing, I can't remember what it was I just gave myself a £350 budget as it isn't worth me spending a lot and bought the best spec I could get for that, it is fast enough for what I need and despite a massive iTunes account (oh I need it for that and writing CDs for the car as well lol) and 10,000+ photos it has plenty more space. Oh and my excel spreadsheets for budgeting, maybe I use it more than I realise! I prefer office on a laptop.

Then I have the iPad 3, I love it, I've never used another tablet so I can't compare but I just love it and it syncs with my iphone, it's like an extension of me.......I like the tablet as it's always on, at hand, fits in my handbag, I use it on my commute I couldn't use a laptop on the tube, and it's my portable tv for around the house ha.

So if it's just internet surfing and not a lot of heavy Microsoft office use I recommend a tablet, and the iPad at that but I know there are some apple haters out there lol.

I have an iPad and while I can do most things on it, I still need my laptop for other things (photoshop mainly as I do a lot of digital art).

I didn't go wild with the laptop, only spent like 400 on one but I can't do without it to be honest.

As others have said, it really depends what your needs are. If mainly for browsing, social networking, etc, I'd say a tablet. If you need to use office at all, though, I'd get a laptop. I have both. I only use the laptop if I need to use Word or Excel, to download pictures from SD card and edit them, and to print anything I need printed. Any other browsing I do is typically done on my Kindle. Its quicker to start up and easier to carry around everywhere with me.

It completely depends what you'd use it for. I have both. Laptops much more practical for me as a student - however I use my tablet on the go x

Depends what you want to do with it - tablets aren't great at word docs ect but if for games, internet use and books a tablet is better

I have the Surface as well and I like it. I mostly use it for the internet but also use Word and Excel on occasion. I enjoy that it's very portable and I can take it pretty much anywhere which is nice. One thing I don't overly care for is that you can really only use certain products with it/apps (can't use Firefox etc.) which took some getting used to. Overall though I'm happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->