Tachycardia at 33 weeks

Destiny82

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as the thread states I'm 33 weeks 4 days and for the 3rd time this week I've suffered with tachycardia. It's been between 120-149 bpm for over an hour. First time I went to the hospital to check on the baby who was fine, 7 hours in hospital then sent home. Second time I just rested, rang the midwife who said there was nothing they can do. Then today I went to the local walk in centre who got my rate down and told me to ring the midwife so i did and again was told see how i go.

Anyone else had this? It feels like they don't know what to do with me and I'm kinda disheartened that no one is taking me seriously? I'm terrified it's only going to get worse. It's a horrible feeling and leaves me breathless and very tired.

I take it it's not going to harm my baby?

Just to add, my blood pressure was fine after attack, I think it was 109/89 but not sure what it was during. Everything else such as urine/glucose levels were well within normal and I'm usually a very active person with a resting heart rate of 62-65bpm

Has your dr not referred you to cardiology for an echocardiogram of your heart? This should be taken very seriously as there is a condition know as peripartum cardiomyopathy ( look it up) which presents like this in its pre pregnancy form. Although pregnancy can cause episodes of TC it’s shouldnt be for that long and that often. I would insist on seeing a cardiologist because not to scare you but it can signal an underlying heart issue. I am super shocked that the drs haven’t sent you to investigate this. I know bacause they suspected I had a PPC but then it turned out fine so I learned about the early warning signs. ESP if you are breathless pls pls pls insist on doing an echo of your heart ( its an ultrasound and causes no hard to baby).

I had this last pregnancy, they did an ecg and a scan of my heart and put it down to extra blood volume. Mine started about late second tri but it had gone by mid third tri, stopped as suddenly as it started! But I would definitely go back to get checked again, it's really scary when it's happening! X

Hi Paula, no nothing! I am going to make an appt with my doctor on Monday to insist they refer me asap, I can only imagine it's going to worse as more pressure is put on my body. They did an ECG at the hospital, an hour and a half after I was seen! No suprise it didn't shoe anything as it had calmed down by then bit I still walked out of their with a bpm of 90. I am also due to see my consultant on 9th Feb so if nothing is done before then I'll ask her. My sister had SVT which was picked up ehen she was pregnant and I'm scared I am the same but they are robbing me off!

Thanks Bonnie, here's to hoping that's what mine is too and it will stop but given my sister's history I don't think it will. It's horrible when it happens especially when you feel like your just bothering them xx

Sorry Laila, stupid auto correct! I have just looked into that and it does sound scarily like me so I'm going to massively insist on Monday, better to be safe than sorry. It's scary that no one has thought of this before now given the amount of professionals I have already seen xx

Sorry Laila, stupid auto correct! I have just looked into that and it does sound scarily like me so I'm going to massively insist on Monday, better to be safe than sorry. It's scary that no one has thought of this before now given the amount of professionals I have already seen xx

You have to push them sometimes. Often they are reactive and not preemptive u know? I would absolutely insist on more testing. Do keep us posted xx

Yeah it's so scary while it's happening, kept thinking I was going to have a heart attack! I hope it's nothing serious for you but I would definitely mention the family history xx

I had it bad during my pregnancy.. had to have an echo and a holter monitor for a week. Turns out it was just from pregnancy.. a few pvcs and sinus tachacardia..

Well I went to the doctor and he couldn't believe I wasn't referred in house when I went to the Maternity unit! Said their is an umbrella of staff who see you within the maternity department. He is going to write a letter to my consultant and have me seen there. In the meantime if I get it again I need to ring maternity and go in.

Thanks gagrlinpitt, what worries me is my sister had it when she was pregnant and had to deliver at 38 weeks and was diagnosed as having svt. Goodness knows the damage it would have caused if left untreated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->