Take two!

Aliop

Reaction score
Bit of background info; prepregancy weight with no. 1 was 74kg. After baby no.2 in 2010 I was 97.3kg and held steady around the 90's until no.3 was about two years old and I lost ALL my baby weight and more, got down to to a very comfy 60kg:happydance::happydance::happydance:but....baby no. 4 born in Oct '15 and I got up to 79kg at 41 weeks (still exercising a lot and felt fit though) and now baby is 6 months old and I weigh 88kg :dohh::nope::dohh::nope: so bloody annoyed with myself!!

Anyway, today is THE day! No excuses, I am done with this weight!

The weather here has turned cool and all my cooler weather clothes are either hideously uncomfortable or I cannot squeeze into them at all. I have bought myself the bare minimum of bigger clothes to get me through but I do not want to feel this way anymore.

I have spent a fair bit of time making a plan and using the same 'formula' that worked for me in the past which was low carb, high protein diet. I also decided to keep it simple and my exercise was just walking (10000 steps a day) in the beginning and then as I got fitter I started jogging.

So, LCHP diet and 10000 steps a day. Sounds simple :wacko:

Weighed in at 86.6kg this morning! I know it's 'just water weight loss' but a loss is a loss and I'm counting it :thumbup:

9/5/16 88kg
11/5/16 86.6kg

Feeling more motivated today seeing such a big initial loss:happydance:

I weigh daily as I find it keeps me accountable to myself, in the past if I didn't weigh daily I'd fall off the wagon, I know it doesn't work for everyone but it does for me. I will also measure weekly.

HI. Good luck for your journey. You sound really positive and motivated so I hope it drops off easily. Getting down to 60kg before is very impressive. I'm sure you can do it again.

We sound very similar.
Start weight with baby no1 was 78kg. I put on 9kg bring pregnant and then about 2 years ago I got to 66kg through a low carb healthy fat lifestyle and walking also.
Then I had a Mc which got me eating. By the time I got pregnant again I was 70kg. The first trimester saw me eat and eat and then sadly I lost that baby so I ate more. I was 80kg when I got pregnant with dd2. When she was two weeks old I weighed 76.9kg but now I'm 82.7 (that was Mondays weigh in). Gutted. But I did just eat so I can see how it happened.
I'd like to lose 15 to 20kg.

Thanks Topsy :)

We do sound very similar Spudtastic! Thanks for commenting :) I felt gutted seeing that '80' number too. I am very much an emotional eater also. How's it going for you?

I weighed in at 86.2kg this morning :thumbup: small victories of seeing the scales drop even a little is the incentive I need to stay motivated which is why I weigh daily.

My husband cuddled me before he left for work this morning and said he could notice a difference on my butt haha!!

My only saving grace I guess you could call it is I get fat all over and then lose it all over with a hourglass figure so hopefully I'll start getting noticeable decreases all over soon enough. It just feels so darn slow and such a tedious process, why can't we lose it like we gain it with no effort?!?!

Just realised there is a dieting journal section :dohh:

My self control is being tested today, weather is wet and miserable which usually means a perfect day for baking but I jut cannot trust myself yet so I'm feeling quite frustrated and at a loss today:coffee:

86.2kg again this morning :)

We are heading out to see the Wiggles today, three year old is very excited!

Feeling less cranky and wasn't looking for morning tea so must be getting used to eating better and less:thumbup:

I seriously freaked out reading your posts. I could have written them. It was pouring here yesterday too, I'm struggling with self control and my 3 year old loves the wiggles. Sadly the nearest concert is a three hour drive away.

That's so funny Spudtastic! My three year old was mesmerised by the concert and so was my 7 month old.

85.8kg this morning :happydance:

On track but the weekend with my husband home is definitely more challenging :wacko: staying strong!!

85.6kg this morning which is 2.4kg in 5 days! Wow! Cannot wait to get into the 70's, think I will feel like I'm really on the home stretch then, eye on the prize and all that haha!

Took the family out for a walk this afternoon, eldest rode his bike, little girl took her dolly pram (yes I'm a soft touch!) and two little ones came in the double walking pram. Was really nice to walk and chat to the husband with the kids all happily coming along without any of the usual fussing if you try to go for a walk!

85.0kg!!! 3kg loss for week one :happydance:

Even if it is just water weight or whatever people call the first whoosh I don't care, I weigh 3 kegs less and I'm on my way:thumbup:

84.8kg this morning!! Woohoo! I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere :thumbup:

I am feeling a lot better too and cravings have passed for the most part. Occasionally I think I'd like something (chips, chocolate etc) but I can look at my inspiration board on the fridge and it gets me back on the straight and narrow. I also think to myself 'Things will be the same even if I do eat ...', as I am definitely an emotional eater and my youngest has a cold which is stressing me out as I get all worked up that he won't sleep and I'll be exhausted with no chance to catch up on sleep ever! But hey that is life with a young family I guess!

All has been going well, staying focused:thumbup: 84.0kg this morning!! 4 more kgs until my first mini goal:happydance:

Cravings have definitely subsided, I find I want to eat 'naughty' foods still but I have been asking myself 'is eating .... going to get me where I want to be?', amazingly it seems to be working!

My inspiration board is also helping me stay on track, I stuck it to our fridge along with my food diary.

Will re-take my measurements next week.

My two youngest have had a cold and now I've got it too. I have this annoying cough that is making my throat feel raw. I just sat down (it's 8pm here) and realised I hadn't had any water at all today so just had my drink bottle and will head off to bed shortly as mu husband is away until Sunday so I'm going to take any sleep I can get! :sleep:

Holding firm on 84.0 with two days left in the week. Extremely happy with a kilo loss for week two though!

Husband is away so thinking of taking the kids for a bike ride with two youngest in double pram, it is a beautiful autumn day here.

Just read through your thread, I'm glad I've jumped in whilst there was only two pages! You sound so positive and motivated, well done! I never thought weighing each day could work, but it sounds like you're doing wonderful! I think I'd be worried to see a slight gain one day and then fall off the wagon! May I ask what's on your inspirational board? As I think I may need one of these! And also, what is a typical day for you food wise? Keep up the good work! Can't wait to hear more!

Hi Becky! Thank you!

My inspiration board has a photo of all my kids but also a bigger one of my daughter as I do not want to pass this weight struggle onto her. I grew up with a mum who was very overweight and very miserable. I am determined to give my little a girl a mum who is energetic and involved. I also have some motivational sayings on there and a kilo countdown. I used to hide my numbers from my husband but now I just say it how it is and the chart is on the fridge for all to see.

I eat anything that is not processed so I guess you'd call it a whole food diet?? I do eat lots of protein. I like to keep it really simple and I tend to eat easy things such as a punnet of cherry tomatoes and an apple for morning tea. The only meal I put any energy into making (and then still hardly any lol) is lunch. I make this meal all about me and I wait until baby is napping and three year old is playing and take the time to enjoy my meal. I like to choose things like a good steak, chicken breast, cherry tomatoes (I love these things lol), spinach or I'll roast whatever veg we have. I like to eat a lot at lunch time so I never feel deprived plus I am eating six times a day as well.

I do this (silly!) thing where if I don't weigh each day I tell myself I can 'cheat' and work it off before weigh in day which never happens! So I make everyday weigh in day. I believe any fluctuation around 0.4-0.6 up or down is normal for my body so it doesn't phase me. Plus I like that I know the pattern of my losses. I don't freak out or anything if I forget to weigh.

So basically I eat whole foods, drink 1-2litres of water and walk 10000 steps a day!

83.6kg this morning!

I had to move the band on my bra four whole rows for a better fit as it was twisting round my body! So I'm on the tightest fitting now :happydance: these are the changes I am most happy about. Yesterday I put on my jeans and they zipped up really easily and were super comfy whereas they had been cutting me in two lol

Sunday today, quiet one as my big boy plays football this morning then the kids have a birthday party to go to which my husband has taken them to and I am home with the baby.

Monday morning and I am 83.6kg! Loss of 1.4kg for the week :thumbup:

Week 1 88kg
-3kg
Week 2 85kg
Week 3 83.6kg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel