Taking a break from TTC craziness. How are you breaking the news?? Any ideas??

MrsMcCurdy

Future Momma
Reaction score
So taking a mini break of the craziness of TTC and wondering if y'all have plans or ideas on how your telling people? DH? Family? Friends?

I've already got a plan for I'm telling DH! I've got 2 onesies one that says "Daddy's Big Man" that's blue and another one that says "I love Smiles" That's very pink and has a monkey on it. My hubby and I have a thing going that we refer to our 'baby'(someday anyways) as our little monkey. I'm going to lay it on the bed and when he comes home from work he'll see it and I'll ask him which one he thinks we'll need in 9 months!! He's going to go crazy!! Sometimes I think he might be a little more baby crazy than me! lol not sure how that's possible though!

I got permission to tell my mom next but everyone else we're going to try to wait until 10-12 weeks(hopefully we can keep it in that long). But for my mom I want to get a picture or maybe shirt that says "Only the best mom's get promoted to Grandma." Technically she's already a grandma but that's a complicated situation with my brother and we have only seen the oldest one once. Really sad. But I figure I can still do want I'm thinking of. Agree? Any better ideas?

As far as everyone else, we want to have fun with it but not sure how yet. Guess it kinda depends on when we find out, like if it's around a holiday or something.

What are y'alls plans??

Aw that sounds fantastic and I'm sure your hubby will love it!!! I did something similar with my ds. I found out I was pregnant when he was at work so I went out and bought two neutral onesies and lay them out on the bed upstairs. Usually he comes home from work and goes straight upstairs to get changed but on this particular day he came in and was doing bits in the kitchen and then was like shall we go out for a walk with the dog!!! Lol! I was bursting by this point to tell him but kept my cool and said yeah sounds good but don't u need to get changed first? So he went upstairs to change then silence and he came back downstairs holding them and said 'are u...' Looking very surprised (we were trying so it shouldn't have been tht much of a surprise) I'll never forget that! When I fall pregnant with a second I was to get an only child expires ticket t shirt which also has the expiry date on (due date). Thought they look super cute! Couldn't think of any other ideas for a second so shall watch this thread for inspiration :-D

Aww so cute! we call our future bump/baby/child a penguin.. :)
That was since my fiance bought a newborn penguin babygro last xmas with a hat that has a beak lol

Oh wow! That's sounds awesome! Love the second child idea!

Love that tshirt idea! I am looking into ideas for Xmas, If I fall this time round then Christmas will be the time we tell everyone (apart from maybe my best friend) But I would LOVE to get a tshirt for my little girl that says big sister on it with her holding a scan photo and put it inside my inlaws card, or frame it for them for xmas. I just need to fall pregnant! lol.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->