Taking babies swimming?

SuzyQ

Pregnant with 2nd
Reaction score
Hey ladies- Forgot to ask my HV this today-

At what age did you first take your baby swimming? I have been told by some people that they have to have their immunisations first but others have said they can go before that?

x

They do not have to wait for their injections hun, we took Jack swimming around 2 months and he loved it :D

thanks- I'm hoping to take her soon-she seems quite happy in a bath so think she'll like it!! More worried about me braving the wearing of a swimsuit again!!:rofl:

I took Caitlyn at 4 months. No you don't have to wait xx

Anna loves swimming and can practically swim all by herself now! :D We have taken her since she was very young - about 2 months x

I took my baby at about 3 1/2 months. It wasn't so much the injections I was waiting for, I wanted him to be a bit bigger so he wouldn't get cold. The learner pool is warmer, but its still not that warm!

2.5 months & she loved it

x

I took Erin at 9 weeks and she cried (think it was too cold), so left it a while and took her again at 4 months and she was fine. She loves it now. xxx

I wanted to wait until she had her 2 month shots. But you dont have to. I took Addison at 3 months, she loved it. We try to go at least once a week :) It is great to get them used to it when they are infants :)

I keep meaning to take Beth, she'd love it!! so would her brother but i'm just trying to brave both at the same time!
I think the swimming wouldn't be a problem as Joshua has arm bands and quite happily swims around with them so i could hold Bethany but i think getting them both dry at the end would be a nightmare!!!
Maybe i'll wait till James can come too!
xx

i took jacob when he was 4 weeks, its a private health club and very heated pool so was like a big bath, he loved it!!! swam for a good 15mins!! i now take him at least once a week :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->