Taking it easy at work?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
So my doctor gave me a list of stuff I can and can't do. Basically I can continue to lift, squat, kneel and everything up until 20 weeks.
My job consist on being on my feet walking, lifting, climbing ladders and overhead work.

Do you think I should take it more easier than that? Doctor said I can lift up to 50 lbs or more until I'm 20 weeks but I just don't feel comfortable doing that.

My bosses know and my teammates know. My supervisor told me if I needed any help to ask the guys to help me.

Just don't want to jeopardize anything right now..

I think walking and being active is actually really good for the baby. If you do too much you'll know, you'll either cramp up or get BH contractions. It's your uterus's way of telling you to slow down.
There are studies that show when you keep active you supply fresher blood and better circulation. Just make sure you get enough iron (which carries the oxygen in your blood) and it will help you have energy and prevent feeling faint.

Do ask for help when you don't feel comfortable with something, it sounds like you have a good support network. My gf didn't like the walk from her car to the inside of the airport and got a doctor to write up a medical leave notification to her company. I don't think her colleagues had much respect for her for doing that, we all pay into health insurance and most of us considered what she did as insurance fraud. :-(

I think walking and being active is actually really good for the baby. If you do too much you'll know, you'll either cramp up or get BH contractions. It's your uterus's way of telling you to slow down.
There are studies that show when you keep active you supply fresher blood and better circulation. Just make sure you get enough iron (which carries the oxygen in your blood) and it will help you have energy and prevent feeling faint.

Do ask for help when you don't feel comfortable with something, it sounds like you have a good support network. My gf didn't like the walk from her car to the inside of the airport and got a doctor to write up a medical leave notification to her company. I don't think her colleagues had much respect for her for doing that, we all pay into health insurance and most of us considered what she did as insurance fraud. :-(

Thanks so much for replying! I've read also that those small contractions mean to take it easier or you're dehydrated. So I've been drinking water and it seems to be easy up now.

I just don't want nothing to happen. All I'm doing is walking around changing prices.. Just don't like squatting or sitting on my knees cause you use your stomach muscles to get up.

Thought I would have restrictions on first trimester since it's most critical.

Oh wow! That's crazy!!!! Guess she wanted somebody to push her instead if walking? I learned to walk my own pace and don't push yourself..

You sound like you have a lot of common sense. That's all that's required. My gf is a bit of a princess, she's hired a cook to help her now that she's delivered. Her parents come over to clean her house every Sunday and she makes heaps of money while her OH is an engineer and makes triple her salary. Both won't spend money on a maid service and her parents are in their 80's :nope:

I subscribe to this blog that discusses exercise & lifestyle during pregnancy, there's loads of awesome articles on how exercise will help you have an easy delivery and healthy baby. I bet you'll be in great shape throughout & have a smart baby too!!!
Blog:
https://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/pregnancy-motherhood/

How exercise helps your baby's brain development:
https://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/pregnancy-motherhood/exercising-pregnant-may-boost-babys-brain-development/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->