Taking less and less milk. Do I give less or more food?

Sarah+

Reaction score
As the title says, my LO is taking less and less milk lately. He seems to 'snack' on milk, just eating until he has a little in his tummy, and I just can't get him to take full, regular feeds. I'd like to have him down to 4-5 now.

The feeds are getting shorter/taking less and less, so do I offer more food to compensate, or less food, to make sure he gets enough milk? We only introduced food a few weeks ago.

Today for example:
3am - 5 minute breastfeed (he woke hungry)
6am - 5 min breastfeed (hungry again...)
9am - 5 min breastfeed (and again....)
11.30am - 3 oz (offered 7oz formula) (not hungry but I offered so he wouldn't wake hungry from nap)
3.30pm - 4oz (offered 7 again) (still not hungry but it had been four hours so I offered ...)
6pm - 5 min breastfeed (hungry)
7pm - 20 min breatfeed (his one and only 'routine' every-day-at-this-time feed!)

(We started introdicing food about a month ago, very slowly. He now has a small amount of cereal in the morning, and some fruit or veg puree as a late lunch. I offer as much as he is willing to eat.)

He should get around 18-21oz of formula if he is eating a decent amount of food. Should be around 28oz if the food is really just a taster amount.

I know that is not easy to compare when you are BF though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->