• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taking less from the bottle

Mommyandwes

Reaction score
You - posted 54 minutes ago (2 moms have helped)
I was wondering if anyone has had the same situation as I am experiencing. My 3 month old daughter has been taking 4 oz formula bottles every 3 three hours (sometimes every 2 hours) and sleeps through the night. All of a sudden 2 weeks ago she started taking only 2 oz from her morning bottle but continuing with 4 oz with the rest of her bottles then 3 days into taking less from the morning bottle she started doing the same with all of her other bottles. I struggle to get 2 oz out of every bottle and she simply pushes it out with her tongue and refuses to take more. I was worried bc she did't sound congested and she was still happy and pleasant so I took her to the doctor and had a full checkup and was told that everything was normal, she wasn't sick, she didn't have thrush or any ulcers in her mouth so I was told when a baby has a normal checkup but is having trouble eating the next thing they suggest is reflux. I told the ped she wasn't spitting up or crying with the bottles she just simply didnt want it, even after sleeping through the night. She prescribed zantac and she has been taking it with no change. I could see if she was congested or teething but neither are going on, or if it was just a growth spurt she would just go from 4 to 3 oz. I don't know if this is just a phase or why all of a sudden she is doing this but the main thing I am concerned about is getting enough formula in her. The ped won't see a problem as long as she gains weight, has wet diapers and is hydrated. We go back on Monday for a follow up and I am trying to rule out everything and hope its just a phase but I thought it would have gotten a little better by now. Any advice or help is welcome! Thank you!

I don't have any advice, but wanted to say that I am having the same problem. My son was large for his age, so by 3 months he was taking 7-8 oz per feeding. Then one day he started only drinking 4-5oz at every bottle. He has been doing this for a couple weeks. He does have a cold, but he does this throughout the day, not just when he is congested. I am not sure if it is just a normal thing that babies do around 3 months or not. I am hoping that he starts eating better soon, because I feel like he will not gain weight on just 4oz per feed. Like your LO, mine is happy most of the day even after only eating 4oz, so it doesn't seem like he is still hungry????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->