Taking My Next Step With Little Knowledge,Please Help.

Minicupcake88

Mother of my pets..So far
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,I havent been on here since somewhere in the beginning of this year.
Im back with some questions...So I had a Chemical miscarriage in Feb-Mar 2013,my husband and I have been TTC again since then with no luck (we started trying in Dec 2012).:cry:
I have not and never have had EWCM,so I guess I judge based on my physical symptoms,so I could be completely wrong. Im going to start using opk's soon but I know little about them,like when do I start testing? Which tests are good without costing so much? Any other information is appreciated. Thanks much! :thumbup:

How long are your cycles?
I don't get a lot of EWCM, if even.
My cycle goes like this:
From CD 8 I start testing with FMU and IC. You aren't supposed to use FMU, but since I know O isn't near- I just use them to understand if I'm getting closer. When they start getting darker, I start using them both morning and evening.
Around CD11 I start using CB digital in the morning, IC in the afternoon and evening. I usually get a smiley on CD12. I can also tell because of heavy cramps/ovulation pain I get. I also just "feel" it.
You should start testing at about CD10-ish. Once you know when you ovulated, you can adjust the date next month. If you only got a positive on CD15, you can start using them a bit later.
I but the CB digitals on ebay and the IC from a local drugstore. They'd cost the same.
Feel free to ask if I missed something!

Depending on your cycle length - so like for me my cycle length is 28-31 days now- so just because I know when I will get close I start at CD 11 and do a smu- (but you have to follow the instructions- some says smu some say fmu-). When I first started I followed the instructions and the manufacturer will tell you typically when to start based on your cycle length. I say start like 8 days after AF. I think mid day is usually better-
you dont have to spend a lot of money- dollar store has them and are pretty accurate- or test strips are decent- walmart has .88 opk's as well and I love those. The dollar store are really good because there really is no second guessing. Pretty accurate for me in determining any false pos on my test strips. I very rarely get EWCM- once in a blue moon it will happen - so I go on signs and symptoms. Hope this helps!!!

Hi, there. I get my test strips from Target. I hate waiting on mail, so I spend the extra $$ to have them. It's 20 tests for $13-14 depending on your area, still cheaper than the name brand and sometimes even the store brand. It's the Up & Up brand. I start testing about 3 days after AF, but I have long cycles. I take the test strips and I tape them, with regular clear tape to a piece of paper or cardboard and at the end of the 20 months I have an idea of what my cycle looks like.

I'm trying out ovulation tests for the first time too! I just bought mine online on Amazon in Canada. They were $30 for 40 ovulation tests and 10 pregnancy tests (Wondfo brand). I think they're cheaper in the US. I wanted to get cheaper ones because I have really irregular periods and never know when I'll ovulate.
If you're regular, I think most people start testing on CD10. It tells you in the instructions that come with the test which days to start testing based on how long your cycles are.
Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->