Taking prenatals all at once vs 3x dailyhi ladies so I wanted your advice k

Shanlee16

Reaction score
Hi ladies so I wanted your advice on this topic. I take Garden of Life Kind vegetarian prenatals. It is directed that I take one pill 3x daily but I am not good at remembering to take them with my meals and right now due to the loss of my husband I am not on abnormal eating schedule. So I take them all at once in the morning. Is this okay or am I not getting the correct absorption? I'm extremely worried now and if i need to take them at 3 separate times I will try.

Just wanted some women's opinions or to hear if anyone does this ape did this with a previous pregnancy and everything was fine?

Hmm, I wouldn't worry in terms of dosage or anything if you take them all at once. They are only vitamins and let's face it, you get massive whacks of vitamins at meal times naturally (if you eat well).. I've never heard of taking multi vitamins over the course of the day.. all the pregnancy ones I've seen are one a day. So I don't think you'd be doing yourself any harm taking them all at once! I'm guessing there are just smaller doses of vitamins in each tablet and once you take all 3, you'll be up to a regular dose! I'm guessing spreading them out might just be to try and avoid side effects they might cause!

While vitamins are really important, the biggies in the first trimester are your folic acid and vitamin d3. Those are essential. All the others are recommended. So just make sure you are getting those down you at a minimum. And remember, baby is very tiny at the moment, they only need a teeny tiny amount of each vitamin, the rest is to keep you healthy!

Thanks. I took them 3 separate times today I'm gonna try to continue with that if it works I'll just take them as recommended but if I keep forgetting I'll just take them all at once again.

I would research why they are in three pills, but I agree mine have always been once a day. My immediate thought is because they have special ingredients to be labeled vegetarian, it might be an absorption thing rather than an overdose thing. So taking all three at once might not allow your body to absorb all the nutrients

That's the vitamin I take too but I only take it once a day. With school, work, and everything else I know I'll forget to take it if it's 3x a day so I've always taken 3 at once. Like pp I think it's an absorption thing. I've never had a problem taken 3 at once so i think it can be taken that way, but it's up to you. If you're able to take it 3x daily I'm sure it's much better and you'll be able to reap all the benefits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->