Talipes, Clubfoot.

Gemx4

Reaction score
So after losing one of the twins at 8 weeks, then panicking about b12 levels we have found out our baby girl has significant talipes of her left foot :-(

Just feel like it is never ending with this pregnancy and that it's all my fault somehow. This will be my sixth baby and maybe I have just pushed my luck.

Anyone else have experience with clubfoot at all? Any advice or anything I should know/do? xx

My husband has a club foot. However, in the past 40 years they have greatly improved the methods to correct the foot (surgery, etc.)

Even with the caveman method they used on my husband (smash foot, set to normal shape) he still walks with only a limp. The only things he can't do well are run (has to be careful with balance), or anything involving skates- but that could be that he never did it as a child.

Nowadays I'm sure they can restore a clubfoot to almost 100% functionality.

Im sorry. My last baby was a twin and we lost her at 7 weeks (they were identical) ... its nothing to do with pushing your luck, sadly unfortubate things do happen to good people and often with no bloody good reason :(

My 9 yr old had mild talipes which corrected itself. Even if its on the more severe end theres so much they can do these days. I hope youre doing ok x

Hey sorry about your loss. My son had bilateral talipes (both feet) but it was due to him having spina bifida. Honestly it's nothing to worry about. All they do is casting to gradually straighten the feet out, and then once straight they need to wear special boots and bars to keep the feet from turning back. It is relatively easy to correct :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->