Talk my daughters father into teething necklace

Trinity42

Mommy to Mika
Reaction score
I am all for using the amber teething necklace for my 3 month old, I need some information on convincing her dad... He hates giving her meds Websites and reserch much appreciated. Thanks:happydance:

I got this on amber-teething-necklaces.co.uk

The active ingredient in Baltic amber is succinic acid, which was analysed by the pioneer of modern bacteriology and Nobel-prize winner Robert Koch (1886). He confirmed its positive influences and discovered that there is no risk of the accumulation of surplus amounts of succinic acid in the human organism. Recent scientific research has also proved that succinic acid has a very positive influence on the human organism, iIt strengthens the body, improves immunity, the course of energy-related processes and the balance of acids. Current research shows that the micronization of amber improves its assimilation by the stress-weakened organism of the contemporary man. The unfavorable environmental conditions prevailing today block the natural flow of energy-related processes in cells. Blocks affect cellular metabolism and significantly weaken the immune system, but the natural energy of amber is able to stimulate its renewal

You could look on Google Scholar for proper studies into Amber, that might help :thumbup:

There are hazelwood ones too, I just got one today from tearlessteething.com.

im condused (sorry its late) do you mean he hates giving her meds and he thinks an amber necklace is meds? its natural and works fab! even cured LOs reflux!

don't! they're a choking risk no matter what the sites say. they'd hardly admit it would they, it'd be bad for business. i've heard of three babies now who have choked on them. id sooner have bubs be in a bit of pain teething and need some meds for it than have them dead in the ground. i bet your dp would rather have your daughter cry than have Mika dead in the ground having choked on one.

Oh for goodness' sake... the last thing we need in here is a troll.

Just in case the extremely rude and reactionary message above has caused you any worry, be aware that the beads on most necklaces are so small that choking would be extremely unlikely, certainly by the time LO is an age to try and get the necklace off in any way that may cause it to break. The ones on my LO's necklace are smaller than peas.

Necklaces from any reputable seller will always have the beads individually knotted. This means that if, somehow, your LO manages to break the necklace, only one bead will come off.

There is also the point that if you start using the necklace early, chance are your LO won't even notice it being there. My baby has been wearing hers since she was 3 months old, and doesn't pay it the slightest bit of attention the majority of the time. Amber very quickly warms up to match the external body temperature of your LO, so it's not even like it'll feel cold against their skin to make them aware of it.

Teething necklaces are perfectly safe if you use them sensibly and take all reasonable precautions.

don't! they're a choking risk no matter what the sites say. they'd hardly admit it would they, it'd be bad for business. i've heard of three babies now who have choked on them. id sooner have bubs be in a bit of pain teething and need some meds for it than have them dead in the ground. i bet your dp would rather have your daughter cry than have Mika dead in the ground having choked on one.
Charming choice of words, I would like to suggest you review your posts in the future. Your comments are inappropriate and non-constructive.

I'll let the other girls (like Eala has) put the comments you made right.

Things like amber necklaces are only a choking risk if used inappropriately, just as a pair of baby shoes with laces is a strangulation risk or a buggy is a falling-under-a-train risk!

As Eala said, a necklace from a reputable brand will have knots between each bead so that only one bead could ever come off if pulled. The beads are usually small, round and smooth. The beads are lots smaller than a raisin, pea or sweetcorn, and I can assure you that those things frequently come through my daughter completely unchewed :rofl:

It's usually recommended that you have the necklaces short enough so that the child can't see it, which also reduces the chance of it getting caught on anything. If they can't see it, they most likely won't even know it's there. Even if it did get caught, they're designed to break under pressure.

Of course, if you have a long necklace without knots between huge beads that are sharp and you let your child play with it, then there is a risk of choking as there is with anything small. How many people do that though? You could argue that anything is dangerous if used wrong.

Maybe i should add to this post aswell. Alex broke his necklace the other week. He didnt strangle himself, nor did he choke on the *single* bead that came off! The rest of the necklace is still intact

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->