Talk to me about jumperoos!

CRWx

my little family - complete <3
Reaction score
My DD is 5.5 months old and loves nothing more than standing up (usually on my lap or infront of me). I got her a door bouncer not long ago and although she loves it for a little while, she gets bored of it because our door is in a place where there's nothing interesting to see!

My SIL (our DDs are a couple of weeks apart in age) bought one for my niece and was given one by her mum, so passed one along to me (well... My DD, that would be a sight to behold :lol:). It's a brand new fisher price one and my daughter absolutely loved it when I tried her in it this morning. The seat spins all the way around so she can get to whichever toy she wants/what she wants to see, it has toys, sounds AND she can jump about- however, I've seen people quite divided on whether they're ok or not? My rational brain says common sense prevails and as long as she's not in it 24/7 she'll be fine BUT as a FTM I feel a bit out of my depth with each new and different baby gizmo (the toys, not the Gremlin that you can't feed after midnight or get wet :haha:). Thought I'd get a feel for what you ladies think about them, you're knowledgable!

TIA!

I think they are fine once you have it set to the correct height. I had a physical therapist tell me it should be at the lowest setting but my baby is quite tall so he grew out of it pretty fast. Also he hated it! I had a few months where I could put him in while I was busy for a few minutes but he never jumped in it and once he learned how to move he wouldn't go in it at all!

My LO loves his till about 9 months when he was cruising around, I think if they are supervised and only in there for short bursts couple times a day it's not a problem.

J loved his and spent lots of time in it, he was totally fine. Can't wait to buy one for E :) xx

Like you said as long as they're not in them all day it's fine! Mine always let me know when they'd had enough, which was usually about ten minutes! Sometimes they would fall asleep if I was doing a job like making tea. Dd hasn't used it much as i tend to use it to 'contain' them if i need to do something, and she doesn't really move so it's not needed

I think they're fine. Everything in moderation of course.

I know Freya would love one but the amount of space it takes up puts me off.

My 5.5 month little guy loves his FP jumperoo! Like you mentioned, it includes a lot of toys, the seat completely rotates around, it includes sound, and lights. It's great when I'm getting ready in the morning. I can put him in there, and he'll entertain himself for a little bit. I just wish that it didn't take up so much space.

He also enjoys the exersaucers at daycare, which are kind of similar and take up less space, but he definitely prefers the jumperoo. He's just now discovering that he can jump in the jumperoo, while he cannot do that in the exersaucer.

We had one and ds loved it! I'd really recommend them. Wasn't even aware there were issues with them. Ours is in the loft and will certainly be making a reappearance for no 2. Ds was 6 months when he started using his

My son loved it but my daughter didn't but she has been crawling since 6 months and is now cruising she just prefers to be on the move than in one place

All things are fine in moderation :thumbup:

Gracie loved hers! She was in from about 4 months to 9 months, then she got bored. Before that, she would scream when we tried to take her out. She is quite physically strong for her age and I swear it was all the jumping!

My LO got hers at about 5/6 months and she loved it but I stopped using it at 10 months when she had her 10 month check and found out she had been standing on tiptoes because of excessive jumperoo use. She wasn't in it very long but the recommendation is about 10-15 minutes at a time and I didn't know this so sometimes she was in it for 30-45 minutes a few times a day because she enjoyed it and I didn't see the harm.

I stopped using it completely in the hope that she would begin to stand flat footed instead of still on tiptoes but unfortunately at 12 months of age she still stands on tiptoes when you hold her up and isn't pulling up to standing or holding on at all (not saying this is due to the jumperoo in any way, shape or form but not a risk I was willing to take).

I am due my 3rd baby in a few weeks and I will be using the jumperoo but will ensure we limit to 10 minutes per day so this limits the danger of it happening again.

They are a great toy/activity centre and children generally love them but they shouldn't be 'overused'.

My 10 month old loved hers, she still goes in it occasionally if I need to keep her in one place for a few mins and likes it ok but nothing like she used to lol. One of the best investments I got for her! I will be selling it on shortly as she's really too big!

I've been thinking about Jumperoos for days... I'm so tempted to buy one for Freya. Argos has the Rainforest one reduced to £70 atm. Have been browsing on the local FB pages for one but it would need to be in excellent cond for me to buy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->