talk to me about shampoo!

S

Siyren

doesnt seem to matter what i use on lyssa's hair it seems to really dry it out.
we wash her hair twice a week, unless the little pickle has wiped dinner through it, in which case it can be every day!
we've tried

johnsons baby
burts bees
naked for kids
loreal kids
halo and horns
dentinox

help!!

Well I switch every other shampoo with...

Johnson and Johnsons Extra Conditioning Shampoo
And then I use the Shampoo and conditioner.

And everyday twice a day I squirt about 2-3 squirts of Baby Leave in conditioner and massage and run fingers through her hair to make sure it is evened out through out her hair.

On occassion I have used Extra Virgin Olive oil (a drop or two prevent from causing a greasy look) to refresh her hair, but that's because she is mixed and mixed babies hair seems to dry out quicker. But since your babies hair seems to be tough to keep healthy(not sure if that's what I call it) Then I'm sure you could use it as well.

thanks hun :) sounds silly i never thought about conditioning her hair properly. we've used detangling spray but that's it!

Oooh I've never heard of that before.

Maybe try and wash her with the babywash and see how that fairs? I know some of the baby/bodywashes we get for the kids include hair too?

top to toe wash. burts bees and halo's and horns are all bodywash/hair wash thing hun, thanks though x

I use a lush shampoo on boy and then use a conditioner for dry hair afterwards. Only wash his hair twice a week.

I've heard bad things about body and hair wash. It tends to dry lots of babies hair out. I would just stick to the hair only shampoos/conditioners. =]

dont wash too often... that naturally would dry out your hair.

i just use loreal. have used conditioner too ... the pink johnsons one coz it smells gorgeous! xx

which lush one and conditioner do you use hun
and yeah we've def fuond that out with the body wash ones

oh and we use johnsons detangle spray on caitlyns hair every morning... i think its really nice! quite expensive at nearly £3 a bottle but it makes her hair nice and shiny xx

Do you need to use shampoo? We use the Earth Friendly Baby one, but only if she's got something in it that won't come out with water.

A tiny bit of coconut oil warmed up in your hands and spread through is good for dry hair too.

And yea, only twice a week. And I've heard of Pink baby hair lotion. It works wonders! :D I guess it works like a leave in conditioner?? IDK why it's called a lotion instead of a conditioner.

We also use the pink johnsons conditioner, I slap a good amount on. As with my own hair which is prone to dryness, it's realllly not the shampoo that makes a difference to Ruby's hair, it's the conditioner.

i use a shampoo and conditioner in one (can't remember the brand but it has smurfs on it ?!) on A's hair and then i use the kids l'oreal conditioner too, she has an awful lot of really fine hair and gets massively pouffey hair otherwise (lucky little girl takes after her mummy :haha: )

We use one from waitrose... Evey is quite lucky as her hair is naturally thick and quite oily so doesn't dry out often, even so we only wash twice a week (night before nursery - don't want her going in looking like a scruff bag!).

tacey- where's the earth friendly one from.
i must admit ive never considered not using shampoo lmao! very good point!!

will keep an eye out for the johnsons pink conditioner :)

We wash Molly's hair every day and have done since her cord fell off. We first started using Method Baby, then Infacare and now B Natural (Tesco) organic. I use Johnsons detangler if it needs a bit extra but tbh her hair is lovely and soft so would recommend the B Natural one.

We just use the bath water on Tom's hair - it has some bubbles from the Halo and Horns bubble bath and gets his hair clean without any dryness. We've not been able to find a shampoo that doesn't make him cry despite them saying 'no more tears' so gave up and stuck with just the water.

His hair is washed 2 to 3 times a week unless he's put yoghurt etc in it.

tacey- where's the earth friendly one from.
i must admit ive never considered not using shampoo lmao! very good point!!

will keep an eye out for the johnsons pink conditioner :)

I get mine in our local health shop, but you can buy online. I think Amazon do it too. Water only works surprisingly well though. I don't think it's noticeable, and she always smells clean!

I have to say I've only used shampoo on my son's hair twice since he was born - I think it was after a particularly messy spag bol both times!

I only use water - he always looks and smells clean - and his hair is lovely and shiney.

I thought I'd try and get away with it as long as possible!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->