Talking bride into having another young attendant

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
Wonder if you ladies can help, Sil wants my DS to be paigeboy which is fine he'll be 2+6mth.

But no other kids means he'll be a nightmare and i'm dreading trying to keep him amused all day. I know my sisters wedding worked really well having 2 flowergirls who played really well together.

How do I talk her into having another LO flowergirl / paigeboy?

I don't think you should. To have another flower girl that's another outfit and present to buy, and she obviously doesn't want one otherwise she'd have chosen one orginally. Ultimately it's her wedding so it should be just how she wants it. Sorry hun but I think you'll just have to suck it up - take a big bag of supplies and I'm sure LO will amuse himself!

Exactly what she said. It's putting her in a tough position to even bring it up; I know I'd feel very awkward if someone did that to me.

I don't think you should, ether grin and bare it or decline politely.

As the others said. Its not your place to try and 'talk her into' having something she might not even want. It's not fair on her to put her in that position. I appreciate that you're worried about LO getting bored but there should be enough going on and enough people to amuse him. Could there not potentially be other guests with children?

I agree with the others, you can't convince her to have another page boy or flower girl because it's not up to you. If you make sure to have lots of things for your lo to do he will be fine. Regardless of weather or not you have another child there the kids still may not play nicely and might even cause more hassle.

Agree with the others! It's not your wedding to say how many flower girls/page boys she should have! Surely you just have to be prepared to keep LO entertained like anywhere you go!

Yeah you can't do that. If someone tried to suggest that to me I would be pretty annoyed. Just be prepared. You could always have someone on standby to pick him up if it gets too much for him x

I agree with the others- either she just wants one, or she doesn't have anyone else to ask, or only wants your son involved. I wouldn't worry about outfits etc, as typically it's their parents who end up paying for it.. but it's her day, so I would just let her have it her way.

I'm sure she will understand that a 2.5 year old may get antsy or need entertainment, so I would designate someone to look after him during the ceremony if that happens and you're busy (not sure if you are one of her attendants yourself), if not just be prepared with a bag of quiet toys/books, snacks (at my friend's wedding, the ceremony was at the kids' lunchtime and they were all crabby for photos, snacks were overlooked and we ended up buying them candy and chips at the gift shop there :shy:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->