Tan coloured discharge and cramping. Advice please.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I got my BFP on Monday at 10 dpo and the tests have been getting darker everyday. I've been cramping (like AF type cramps but not as painful). Last night, when I wiped, I had a very light tan coloured discharge. I have literally spent the night awake, expecting AF to start. My period is due tomorrow.
I've put a panty liner on last night and this morning, it's clear but when I wiped, I had more of the light brown/tan coloured discharge.
Any advice.

Oh hun I dont have any advice, but I do feel for you. As its early it could still be ib, ill keep my fingers crossed it isnt the start of af. Sending hugs xx

It definitely sounds like it could be implantation bleeding. I had so many cramps when I got my BFP, I really thought it was AF and was so cross with my body for another failed cycle and then it wasn't!

I really hope you have a lil sticky bean xx

Hope your ok, I had loads of cramps the first couple weeks after my bfp they only really faded this week

Try not to stress yourself out, dear. Cramping and discharge can be totally normal in early pregnancy. :hugs:

I've had cramps since before my BFP (8dpo) and convinced AF was coming! I've also had some brown spotting and was extremely worried as I've had 2 previous losses. Spotting is so common in pregnancy, I've had a scan after the spotting and I use my doppler and all seems to be going well. Mine was on and off for a week. Don't be alarmed unless the bleeding is red with clots... even then doesn't always mean anything sinister:) xx

Thanks for the reassurance girls.

Since writing this yesterday morning, I've had no more of the tan discharge.. Just loads of creamy CM. AF is technically due today and no sign so far and I've taken another test this morning and the line is still getting darker.

Sounds promising hun. Fx everything is going well for u x

A little light spotting around the time AF would be due the first cycle you're pregnant is totally normal, so please try not to freak out! You can also get a little bit of colored discharge (anything from nuclear yellow to bright orange to light tan) while your body is building the mucous plug. The fact that it seems to have stopped is a great sign. Fingers are crossed tightly for you!

Sounds promising hun! Especially as it seems to have stopped! Fingers crossed xx

I agree that it's probably implantation bleeding, especially this early. Thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed :hugs:

Cramping is normal as your uterus starts to grow, and I had sharp pains on one side at implantation.

I had pink or tan when I wiped almost every day from weeks 4-6. I'm at 8 weeks now, and I went in for an emergency ultrasound yesterday because I had dark red blood when I wiped, about the size of a quarter. Everything was perfectly fine - one little bean, right where it's supposed to be, and the heartbeat was 166, which is also in the right range. About 1 in 3 women with successful pregnancies have spotting in the first trimester, and they don't really have an explanation as to why.

My doctor says that they want to do a check whenever there's blood or bad cramps, but the only reason to go to the emergency room is if the cramps are worse that af or if you're soaking through a normal pad every two hours.

Try not to worry. And drink lots and lots of water so that you don't get constipated and have to strain to go. Iron supplements and your own natural progesterone will block things up, and straining can cause bleeding.

Here's a pic of my little one, if that reassures you. It certainly made me feel better. :hugs:

Attachments

• 20150305_104750.jpg
    20150305_104750.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh