Tandem Nursing..

S

Serene123

I don't know why I'm putting this in here................

I'm SO excited about having another baby but Caitlyn is still feeding ALOT. I don't want her to stop, and I honestly don't think she will while I'm pregnant, so... That means feeding them both and that seems SO scary!! I get butterflies just thinking about it....

I already get 'she's too big now,' 'is there even anything left in them?' blah blah. To which they get squirted (literally) and told that she'll never be too big. I've got my BF confidence now but I don't know how I'd cope with peoples comments on tandem feeding. Do I keep it as an 'at home' thing?

Sorry, I'm aware this is totally the wrong section but along with trying comes all these thoughts!! I'm sure you girls have different worries right? I'm not on my own??

:dohh:

I think that if you want to tandem hun then good luck to you!!
Im not sure if i could do it!!

Also you've prob got around a year of still feeding caitlyn before #2 come along so by that time it might be that caitlyn will only want bfeeding at bedtime or in the morning time or something like that. At least if this is the case then you can tandem nurse without it being one on each all the time iykwim!!!! :D

The thing that it makes me wonder is if caitlyn/harry have dropped down to just feeding at a certain time of day like before bed do you think that when the next one comes along and is feeding ever 2/3 hours on demand will they then start demanding it at the same time????
How do you say no to them?? Or do you think you would just let her feed when the baby does if she wanted to? :confused:

I really don't know! I'm not sure how much they understand at 18 months old? Hopefully she'll know enough to know that her brother/sister need 'cuddles' more than she does :lol:

I think by the time you're looking at tandem feeding, she will just be feeding at breakfast and dinner times and soon looking at self weaning, so you probably won't have an issue.

I mean if you got pregnant right away, Caitlyn would be about 23 months by the time the baby is born, wouldn't she?

Hmmm i was thinking about this the other day as Tabitha i dont think will stop any time soon and i really dont want to. Though i guess thinking about it maybe by 2 she'll have stopped most of the feeds. Prob will only really be giving her a night time feed only... Guess i'll have to though if i'm going back to uni ever :lol:

I think by the time you're looking at tandem feeding, she will just be feeding at breakfast and dinner times and soon looking at self weaning, so you probably won't have an issue.

I mean if you got pregnant right away, Caitlyn would be about 23 months by the time the baby is born, wouldn't she?

About 22months yeah, you're right!! Wow!! Never realised she would be that old :shock:

I'm pretty sure she's going to be one of these kids that never want to stop so I've just got to find my breaking point I suppose!! :rofl:

Will she still want to bf though? Iv heard the taste of your milk can change to stop the oldest from bf so that the youngest can iykwim?

And that your milk changes as lo gets older to suit the nutritional needs.

She's a big comfort feeder. I'm 100% sure she won't stop :lol:

My son was 11 months when I got pregnant and he stopped himself feeding at nearly 15months. I was fully ready to tandem feed but I noticed he stopped as my milk changed. I would say go into it with an open mind :hugs: And good luck TTC x

I wouldn't do it myself, Jasmine is still breastfed but we will be breaking it slowly bwtween now and next month

I don't knnow if you do this is what you do or would want to do. . . (I don't know too much bout bf = ]) But there are pumps aren't there that means you can feed baby your milk but from the bottle? Don't even know if this would help you when baby 2 comes along

xx

It'd be hard to get pumping established at this stage.. I don't really want her to have bottles either.. :lol:

I think wether you tandem or not is your decision. I have no idea about your issue but don't let people make you decide what they want by telling you things about how many babies you bf. It's none of their buisness and it should be you to decide freely. xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->