TANTRUMS! plz help ...?

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
My daughter is now 14 and a half months old and she has recently started having tantrums if she doesnt get her own way. She is really exciteable and if she doesnt get her way she goes all tense and screams. She looks like a really badly behaved child and its really frustrating, especially if we are out and about! Is there some way to discipline her regarding this and teach her that its wrong to get so angry or is this just a phase she is going through??
She started crawling really early on but is yet to take her first steps. She is very frustrated with what she can and cant do but I see her sitting playing sometimes and she gets soooo angry with herself and I often see her hitting her books and looking so frustrated with the world. Is this normal? plz tell me its a phase and that she isnt just a naughty girl!!!
Kelly xxx

Ignore it - if she knows she gets attention from it the she will carry on.
Praise all the good things she does - ignore the tantrums i just laugh at ewan and ignore him. now hes not too bad.

Its just hard to do when she is in the supermarket and she is kickin and screaming wanting to be on the floor.. hehe!! I will definately do that at home though and hope she learns that its getting her nowhere!! :) thanks hun xx

Its really tough Alisha was really frustrated always wanting to do stuff, hopefully she will grow out of it you have to ignore her,easier said than done i know.

Alishas a horror when she doesn't get her own way. Just don't give in hard as it is.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Its really tough.

its really hard to ignore some things so if one of my girls start first thing i do is move them to somewhere they cant hurt themselves ( this has only happed a couple of times with adele touch wood colbys been good so far :lol)
and let her get it out her system, i made the mistake of laughing at her once and she flipped went bananas and tried to bite me :(
ignoring them does work it just takes a little time till they realise they dont get any attention from it

I can really sympathise with you and am hoping that DD grows out of this stage aswell. Her thing is to headbutt the floor/walls anything within headbutting reach if she doesn't get her own way and my god she can scream!! No advice just tea and sympathy lol

Ewan head butts too, he has caught me square on the nose afew times, and gave me a nose bleed!!

we had this with Ella, probably around the same age, felt like the terrible twos early. she would have a big tantrum if she didnt get her own way, she's grown out of it now, we still have the odd tantrum but not as bad and less often.

I just used to ignore her, then once she had stopped, she would then get attention and a hug, so she is rewarded for good behaviour.

Either that or before a tantrum is about to kick off try distraction, get really excited about something, say ahhhhh wow look at that Ella, its doggy woof woof (for example) and it really works, can prevent a tantrum and they forget whatever it was that was about to cause one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->