Taping your babies' ears down

No man. Shame!

My little girl is perfect just the way she is. Wouldn't change a thing.

Besides. Lots of babies come out with their ears sticking out when they come out the natural way. Coming through the birth canal does some serious shape changing. Well so I've seen and been told.

No,I don't think I would do it...

I mean kids will tease always,nobody is perfect,everybody has something that the other kids will tease about.
And I really don't want to send that message to my daughter. I know my mother always tought me that looks are whats important and I believed her all my life,I worried so much about looks.

Plus I really don't think that you'll even eant to do it to your son.When you see him he'll be so perfect to you.
Love is not loving a perfect person it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly...so I strongly believe that thats how you'll see him. xxx

it really depends on the baby...if its ears stick out when its older then they might not care, but if my ears stuck out i personally would be thanking my mum if she had them taped back when i was a baby. i think i would leave it and let baby make its own decisions when its grown up though

it really depends on the baby...if its ears stick out when its older then they might not care, but if my ears stuck out i personally would be thanking my mum if she had them taped back when i was a baby. i think i would leave it and let baby make its own decisions when its grown up though

That's why I was wondering. I'd be thankful if my mother had done that to me! Although I don't think it's right to play God and change him unless he really wants it.

Just found this thread and wanted to add.
my son has been ill in and out of hospital for the past 3 years with bad ears and he had to have mastoid surgery, His ear got really swallon at one point and he now has a great big scar around the back of both ears. the only thing he got picked on for was the smell from the infection. He is only 5 now. So he is still only young.
There is no way I would tape my babies ears down. As long as they are ok thats fine by me. But what I am trying to say is as long as your baby is healthy why do that? If he is going to get picked on they will always find something.
i would rather my little boy have huge ears and be healthy. I have never heard of this being done before and think it is really stupid.
Just my opinion
Luv Cheryl xxx

You're much better teaching your child how to deal with other kids teasing and bullying, then trying to remove every cause of the teasing.

I agree, Id never even heard of taping ears down before.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->