Tattoos, for losers?

A

amy_2

My mum had a rant the other day that tattoos are for losers, criminals, bogans, chavs etc....

she kept raving, bringing up examples of tatttood people and their crime.

She also says that tattooed people tend to be lower class/working class.

OK, I have to agree with her slightly, it does tend to be the way, most guys I know with tattoos are indeed from a low socio-economic/disadvantaged background.

What is you personal experience?

ADMIN NOTE:
You can't start a debate then decide when to end it leaving a whole discussion making no sense. Original post put back

I personally think that is terrible.....
Not everyone with tattoos are criminals, chavs etc...
I have tattoos my whole family have tattoos and we do NOT have a disadvantaged background! its damn right rude.....
tattoos have became very much more popular now a days famous people have them would you say the was criminals??

Yes many years ago tattoos were seen as people who broke the rules and rebelled!
but i think that changed years ago...

You may as well said people with tattoos are scum and not worth knowing!!!

i must be from a low socio-economic/disadvantaged background too then :roll:

=o ive got 2 and im certainly none of the above!!

--x :flow:

I have tattoos and I'm certainly not a chav, criminal, loser or whatever.

Stereotyping is quite a rude thing to do and to be frank I'm a little offended by that..

I have tattoos and I'm certainly not a chav, criminal, loser or whatever.

Stereotyping is quite a rude thing to do and to be frank I'm a little offended by that..

Well said.... i am a bit in shock that some one could be so rude! My family have tattoos and not one of them are a nasty person or broken the law! x

I have a tattoo, never been in jail, or been a chav! It might have been more true years ago but nowadays body art is much more mainstream.

I have a friend who's arms and chest are covered in tattoos and he is a private aircraft interior designer and engineer earning a fortune! :D

People are who they are regardless of whether they have a picture inked on them or not.

Take a look at my avatar. I dont even need to tell you how offensive your post was, its already been done in all of the other replies.

Woah I have 15 tattoos!! I also have a degree and a very nice job caring for adults with learning difficulties, so I really don't think they make me a loser

I have a full sleeve and a masters degree and run my own business employing 10 staff. It's nice to know what people really think of me, lol :dohh:

I have a full sleeve and a masters degree and run my own business employing 10 staff. It's nice to know what people really think of me, lol :dohh:

Wow i would love a full sleeve! what is yours of? I would have major problems having what to have! xx

My mum had a rant the other day that tattoos are for losers, criminals, bogans, chavs etc....

she kept raving, bringing up examples of tatttood people and their crime.

She also says that tattooed people tend to be lower class/working class.

OK, I have to gree with her slightly, it does tend to be the way, most guys I know with tattoos are indeed from a low socio-economic/disadvantaged background.

What is you personal experience?

LOL!!

I think that is a narrow minded, judgemental ridiculous statement to make. Shame on her for being so ignorant.

There are people from all walks of life that committ crime, tattooed or not, educated or not, rich or not.

My fiance and I are tatooed, myself not as heavily as him. We are from very wealthy backgrounds, with highly educated families, doctors, GP's, lawyers, programmers, and definately not a disadvantaged back ground, i never wanted for anything :D

So yeah, i disagree and think that's a load of crap.

Some trivia :D

King George V and Russian Tsar Nicholas II had Japanese Tattoos on their forearms. (Gotten by their visits to Japan).

Also lets not forget those poor people that were in Nazi concentration camps that were forced to have their arms and chests tattooed.

See these people did not have soci-economic poor backgrounds nor did where they criminals etc.

I don't see anything wrong with tattoos unless they are poorly drawn. Some tattoos are works of art. :)

Does it actually matter what someone's 'socio-economic background' is?
I don't think about people's socio-economic background when I meet them or get to know them and I certainly don't think 'ooh you've got a tattoo you must be working class/disadvantaged etc' but if someone is so what?
I am working class from what could be described as a low socio-economic background and yes I do have two tattoos but the two things are by no means connected and there is nothing negative about either of them!
I don't understand the point of this thread aside from being offensive!

Does it actually matter what someone's 'socio-economic background' is?
I don't think about people's socio-economic background when I meet them or get to know them and I certainly don't think 'ooh you've got a tattoo you must be working class/disadvantaged etc' but if someone is so what?
I am working class from what could be described as a low socio-economic background and yes I do have two tattoos but the two things are by no means connected and there is nothing negative about either of them!
I don't understand the point of this thread aside from being offensive!

totally what i was thinking xx

Wow i would love a full sleeve! what is yours of? I would have major problems having what to have! xx

It's a half-finished (thank you baby, :haha:) oriental dragon with peonies, lotus flowers and cherry blossoms. Pretty girly for a full sleeve, lol. I had my first at 18 and only started on my sleeve at 32 so it's taken me a long time to decide what to get.

It's a half-finished (thank you baby, :haha:) oriental dragon with peonies, lotus flowers and cherry blossoms. Pretty girly for a full sleeve, lol. I had my first at 18 and only started on my sleeve at 32 so it's taken me a long time to decide what to get.

Lol! I had 1st tattoo at 17... just had butterflies, daisys, cherry blossoms and swirls going from top of spine down and across lower back linking with 5 stars i had done (1st tattoo)! i love them! i am so wanting a sleeve now! xx

No there isn't and statistically they're by far the biggest group of people so obviously they'd have more people with tattoos..that falls under duh.

What a ridiculous thread this is eh?
My tattoos are beautiful hehe :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"