Tattoo's whilst pregnant

Nope a tattoo is not a good idea whilst preggers! Most places refuse anyway and anyone who would tattoo a pregnant women do it seems a little dodgy to me! Theres always a risk of infection when you get a tattoo and passing that onto a baby would be harmful, so why take the risk? Wait til after baby's born ;)

Ok as someone who's pregnant and has 26 hours worth the tattoo work. I'm going to tell you exactly why you MAY not be able to be tattooed. (I didn't really read all the replys so if these have been stated i apologize)

The first reason is if you're showing a credible tattoo artist will refuse. More to protect their own butts then anything.

Second reason and this is the MAIN reason. Guess i should have put it first...
Getting a tattoo (or piercing) causes trauma to your body, it gets adrenaline running speeding up heart beats, blood flow, breathing. Think of rollercoaster rides, you can't go on those when your pregnant and its for the same reasons.

A properly done and cared for tattoo has as much chance of infection as an open cut on your hand.

It's true woman do get tattooed and their children are fine. It's all just potential risks but what you really got to ask yourself is do you want to take that risk?

No tattoos whilst pregant as you as risk of blood born diseases like Hep B/ HIV on non-sterilised needles, the risk of shock to your body making you faint/ hurting the baby/going into premature labour and also not enough research on the effect of tattoo ink on your baby.

i asked my midwife about that, she said its not to good for the baby :-/

The tattoo itself won't harm the baby however pregnant women are prone to passing out so a good tattooist will refuse you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->