Tattoos...

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
Has anyone had a tattoo while breastfeeding? Ive read from various sources that you can be I'm still not sure.

A lot of tattoists won't do it, I think it affects the healing it could possibly take far far longer and affect the quality. How old is your baby? Although the risk of you catching an infection is slim at a good parlour if you follow the aftercare properly I wouldn't want to risk getting too poorly to feed a young ebf baby if the infection got out of control. A small piece when the baby is having far less milk shouldn't be too much of an issue, just be mindful of whether baby can easily reach it while it's healing! My DD loves slapping and poking at mine!

A lot of tattoists won't do it, I think it affects the healing it could possibly take far far longer and affect the quality. How old is your baby? Although the risk of you catching an infection is slim at a good parlour if you follow the aftercare properly I wouldn't want to risk getting too poorly to feed a young ebf baby if the infection got out of control. A small piece when the baby is having far less milk shouldn't be too much of an issue, just be mindful of whether baby can easily reach it while it's healing! My DD loves slapping and poking at mine!

Haha good point! My lo is 4.5 months but I normally BF until around 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->