Tax credit advice

kayla1986

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone can give me any advice about child tax credits. I've noticed today that my last payment was March 31st I've not received anything to say my payments would stop. I started working full time in September and let them know so my payments dropped to £50 a month. I'm wondering if I now earn to much. It's not a problem of that's the case I'd just like to know if they would stop at the end of the tax year without a letter being sent to me

My tax credits seem to of dropped a lot without warning and I've not received a letter to tell me why. I usually get 95 a week and this morning I have only been paid 38. This is supposed to help with childcare which is 160 a week so now I'm going to struggle big time! Have you tried phoning them?

My tax credits seem to of dropped a lot without warning and I've not received a letter to tell me why. I usually get 95 a week and this morning I have only been paid 38. This is supposed to help with childcare which is 160 a week so now I'm going to struggle big time! Have you tried phoning them?

Hi yes iv called them they just said my renewal form hadn't been sent yet so there's nothing they can do until then

They are useless! I phoned up and they told me to wait for a letter. Went on the website and spoke to them online and they are now saying ive been overpaid. Can't wait till DS starts school so that I can stop claiming tax credits!

Tax credits work off your last year earnings they normally drop or end at this time of the year until you complete the renewal this is so they can try to avoid overpayments. I have renewed mine now and waiting to find out if I am going to take another drop they changed mine also without letter of notice which is unfair considering we have to ring them every other day because of changes.

They are useless! I phoned up and they told me to wait for a letter. Went on the website and spoke to them online and they are now saying ive been overpaid. Can't wait till DS starts school so that I can stop claiming tax credits!

We Had this, to the tune of 8k! I am livid as it was entirely THEIR error, but before I knew to contest it the time limit was up :(.
Hense why I am not working adn we are slowly circling the drain as I cant find a job to cover a 18k a year childcare bill, and even though DS is 3 on Thursday if I use a childminder I still have to (obviously) pay the full amount whilst he gets his free hours at nursery :(

It's absolutely shocking the way they treat people. We are really going to struggle without tax credits to pay for child care. Luckily DS qualifies for 15 free hours from September so I just need to try and make it till then and do whatever I can to bring my outgoings down in the meantime. I hate how me and hubby are working 40 hours a week and still struggling! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->