Tax credits

marymoomin

Reaction score
I was made redundant at xmas and am pregnant with twins. I am getting maternity allowance, but it it worth applying for tax credits ( or can I given I dont have a job?)
oh has an ok police pension however half goes to his ex wife, not that the dwp will take that into account. I was the main breadwinner.

I was made redundant at xmas and am pregnant with twins. I am getting maternity allowance, but it it worth applying for tax credits ( or can I given I dont have a job?)
oh has an ok police pension however half goes to his ex wife, not that the dwp will take that into account. I was the main breadwinner.

You need to declare OH pension, you can earn upto 17k as joint couple.

If you put into the calculator your info it'll tell you if you're entitled, I find them more helpful on the phone though https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/payments-entitlement/entitlement/question-how-much.htm#7

I am guessing you already have a child from your avatar? If not you can only apply for tax credits once the children are born, if you aren't entitled now try again after your twins are born as the income allowance increases with subsequent children.

Can't believe an ex wife gets half a police pension goodness me!!

Legally it was right, I guess morally it is too. They were married for 23/30 years service. He has older twins by her too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->