Tax Rebate.

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Another thread got me thinking! In the year Apr 12 - Apr 13 I was paid hourly rather than monthly so some month was higher than others. I earnt under the threshold to pay tax but on the longer months I sometimes paid a small amount. I checked my P60 and it was just over £100.

How would I go back claiming it back?? It's be sooo handy before xmas. Or do I just have to wait until they send me a cheque? I'm rubbish with tax stuff,

they SHOULD automatically pick up on it & send you a cheque.. it may take some time though, you may not get it this side of new year. But you could always give them a ring xx

I got one about 2 months ago (£608!) maybe they're gradually getting through them? Although a lot of people on my Facebook got within a few days of each other

Give them a call. They looked at it over the phone with my OH and cheque arrived a few days later.

Ok thanks ladies ill phone. Any idea of which department it is or the number? I've only ever had to ring about tax credits!!

0300 200 3300, have your NI number (and plenty of patience whilst waiting to be answered) at the ready.

Good luck x

I'm sure you can ring and chase it up, DH got a load of tax rebates 2 years ago that we're for the previous 2 tax years (quite substantial sums too!) it was 2011 and I think one of them was as late back as 08-09, this might have been because I think it was when the new electronic system was new so they were back paying so hopefully it's more efficient now. They were very efficient with me last year, about a month after starting a new job I got a £100 rebate for the previous year, but the day after cashing it they wrote to me to say it was a mistake lol, but they just adjusted my tax code for this year so I'm paying it back gradually. Sorry that was a load of waffle, I would ring! I think I am due a small one for last year but not heard anything yet.

Thanks for the number, ill ring tomorrow and be patient!! Fingers crossed it gets the ball rolling at least and I get it soon.

the average tax code for that year was 810 - so £8109k if you earnt less then this but still paid tax then give them HMRC tax code number a ring. they may ask for a copy of your p60 or sometimes they do it over the phone. Then they should just sent you out cheque.

often they do tax rebates in october for the previous tax year so you should deff get any thing back before xmas.

I was going to say, you have to wait until September of the tax year to ring them but as it's September you can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->